Swage It 650

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

loranger
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Swage It 650

Post by loranger »

Looks awesome but not sure I want to drop $130 on a swager when I do mine with a drill and a reamer for much less!
Hardrockshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hardrockshot »

HA!................

I'll wait..........
De inimical non loquaris male, sed cogites
Coug91
Silent But Deadly

Post by Coug91 »

I had one on my 650. Actually still have it until I ship it off to it's new home. Short answer is it works as advertised. Takes no more force to swage than to seat a primer. I did keep the tip lubed with a touch of imperial sizing wax. I'd say I did about 12K pieces of brass with it, and never had an issue. I just bought a 1050, so sold the 650 and goodies. I had a GS. I worked most of the time, but needed to keep the swage tip lubed or it would occasionally bind in the primer pocket. I was aware of it, so kept it lubed, thus sticking was very infrequent. The swage it is a better design, no spring to unseat the swager. And I believe you can prime with it in place, although I never tried it.
Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil - Doug Patton
foughtstrong

Post by foughtstrong »

Coug91 wrote:I had one on my 650. Actually still have it until I ship it off to it's new home. Short answer is it works as advertised. Takes no more force to swage than to seat a primer. I did keep the tip lubed with a touch of imperial sizing wax. I'd say I did about 12K pieces of brass with it, and never had an issue. I just bought a 1050, so sold the 650 and goodies. I had a GS. I worked most of the time, but needed to keep the swage tip lubed or it would occasionally bind in the primer pocket. I was aware of it, so kept it lubed, thus sticking was very infrequent. The swage it is a better design, no spring to unseat the swager. And I believe you can prime with it in place, although I never tried it.

Thanks Coug91.