I need a little help loading for a noveske

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: I need a little help loading for a noveske

Post by rebel »

You make a cast of your chamber when a round goes boom. Measure that accurately and you should have chamber dimensions.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
rpk47
Silent But Deadly

Post by rpk47 »

rebel wrote:You make a cast of your chamber when a round goes boom. Measure that accurately and you should have chamber dimensions.
I was thinking more so he could tell if they made the throat longer when he sent it in.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

rpk47 wrote:
rebel wrote:You make a cast of your chamber when a round goes boom. Measure that accurately and you should have chamber dimensions.
I was thinking more so he could tell if they made the throat longer when he sent it in.

unless he has some pre-RMA measurements to compare to, there's going to be no way to know.

what he can find out is what he has now though
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

What he has now is what he needs to load for, you can check your chamber from a fire formed round, Headspace and neck thickness as well as whether you are full length sizing is the issue here - not the throat.As dellet said a comparator is the best way, then we could all be comparing numbers of what works vs. what doesn't. Cheap tool, get one.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Alex Wilson
Silent But Deadly

Post by Alex Wilson »

You need to make a cast of your barrel or just measure a fired case from it. Buying an ammo gauge and making ammo that fits "that" gauge doesn't make much sense to me. A Wilson gauge measures length and shoulder placement. It is good for making brass but not so much on loaded ammo.

It seems like your chamber might be tight or you are using brass that has thick necks. I didn't see where you said what type of brass you're using.
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

Alex Wilson wrote:You need to make a cast of your barrel or just measure a fired case from it.
It sure makes a lot of sense if you want your ammo to work in a number of different guns. I make .223 and 300BLK ammo and if it fits the respective Sheridan gauge, it works in all my respective guns.