Another swager for the Dillon 650

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

WalterGA
Silent But Deadly

Another swager for the Dillon 650

Post by WalterGA »

I've been using the GS Custom swager for over a year now, with good results. I've swaged 10-15k 5.56 cases. Occasionally, I'll have to hand-ream a primer pocket and I attribute that to my being in a hurry during the swaging process.

I was referred, on another forum, to the Swage It system. Looks really interesting, and might be superior to the GS. I have one on the way and will try it out on 5.56 brass and post a short review.

http://swageit.com/
twcrowe12
Silent But Deadly

Re: Another swager for the Dillon 650

Post by twcrowe12 »

Looking forward to an unbiased review of that swager, I saw it mentioned on arfcom but the guy who reviewed it may have been shilling for his own business.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_42/45107 ... rison.html
Overton-AR
Silent But Deadly

Post by Overton-AR »

I have the GS and haven't had any issues....but I like the idea of going through the primer index wheel. I am interested......but it is expensive.
polizei1
Silent But Deadly

Post by polizei1 »

Looks better IMO. I've processed roughly 2,000 pieces with the GS Swager and mine constantly comes loose (like every 10 rounds), and once it's loose, it doesn't effectively swage. I can't seem to get a wrench or socket on the darn thing to tighten it down enough where it won't come loose, it's quite frustrating. The real solution is to just buy a 1050, but I don't have the money right now. :lol:
WalterGA
Silent But Deadly

Post by WalterGA »

polizei1 wrote:Looks better IMO. I've processed roughly 2,000 pieces with the GS Swager and mine constantly comes loose (like every 10 rounds), and once it's loose, it doesn't effectively swage. I can't seem to get a wrench or socket on the darn thing to tighten it down enough where it won't come loose, it's quite frustrating. The real solution is to just buy a 1050, but I don't have the money right now. :lol:
I've processed 10-15k pcs of LC 5.56 brass, using the GS swager, and it hasn't "come loose" yet. Can't imagine why yours does. Are you talking about the punch assembly that takes the place of the primer punch, or the stop that attaches to the frame?
polizei1
Silent But Deadly

Post by polizei1 »

I'm talking about where it screws into the frame on the 650. I can't seem to get a wrench in there to tighten it down, so it keeps coming loose.

(not my picture)
WalterGA
Silent But Deadly

Post by WalterGA »

polizei1 wrote:I'm talking about where it screws into the frame on the 650. I can't seem to get a wrench in there to tighten it down, so it keeps coming loose.

(not my picture)
I can't remember what kind of wrench I used, but the swager is apparently in tight enough on my 650. If you can't figure out how to tighten the punch mechanism, then, of course, it won't work.