Light Weight subsonic Single Shot Loads

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Re: Light Weight subsonic Single Shot Loads

Post by cwlongshot »

I have been trying to find a accurate loading for the 123g Lucky13 poly bullets.

Best so far is 12-13g SR4759 powder in a LC case with CCI 400 primer, seated to cover driving band.

This powder burns close to 296, but is granulated so more lead friendly. Accuracy is 1" range at 50 yards consistently. I have not chronographed it yet.

I shoot it in a H&R 300 AAC

A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
krank
Silent Operator

Post by krank »

I found some 85 gr cast in .311. I ran some through the 308 sizer and they fell right through. I am shooting them in a handi rifle. I wonder if I even need to size them or just alox them and load them up? The ones I sized shot well 4 gr of TB. Just a 50 yd small game round.
Nice stock CW.....My AAC handi is rubbed raw.....
Jupiter7
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jupiter7 »

krank wrote:I found some 85 gr cast in .311. I ran some through the 308 sizer and they fell right through. I am shooting them in a handi rifle. I wonder if I even need to size them or just alox them and load them up? The ones I sized shot well 4 gr of TB. Just a 50 yd small game round.
Ummmm...most likely a great way to lead up your bore. Most .308 bores require minimum .309 and most prefer .310-.311. I size everything for .311 in my standard .30's.
cornmastah

Post by cornmastah »

Jupiter7 wrote:
krank wrote:I found some 85 gr cast in .311. I ran some through the 308 sizer and they fell right through. I am shooting them in a handi rifle. I wonder if I even need to size them or just alox them and load them up? The ones I sized shot well 4 gr of TB. Just a 50 yd small game round.
Ummmm...most likely a great way to lead up your bore. Most .308 bores require minimum .309 and most prefer .310-.311. I size everything for .311 in my standard .30's.
I also size mine to .311. Like Jupiter7 said, shooting undersized bullets will most likely lead up your bore. But as a side note, I have had good luck with the lighter weight cast bullets with around 4 gr of Trailboss.
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

Haha, Thank you!

I have been spending allot more time in my tree stands... the stocks are too long. Being its early and lots of foliage still on, I needed a shorter stock. I tired a ATI AR style.. I dont so much care for the "look" but have to admit, I do like the feel and adjust-ability, immediate adjust-ability is awesome!

I also swapped out my prefered scope as it was just too big on this lil rifle...

Its preferred loading shoots well.

CW

CW

cornmastah

Post by cornmastah »

CW, I think I might have to get a stock like that for my .357 Mag Handi Rifle. My 8 year old loves shooting it, but the stock is too long. That looks like you can get it short enough for the little ones.
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

My only worry is with recoiling calibers... The stocks are bad copies of AR stocks and the strength is not ALOT... 357 WOULD BE ABOUT THE MOST RECOIL I WOULD FEEL SAFE SUBJECTING ONE TOO.. IS IT SCOPED? I would worry about scope eye should it collapse...

CW

krank
Silent Operator

Post by krank »

The two AACs I got have youth stocks. The one, I just took a 1 inch wood spacer and duct taped to existing butt pad and slipped a slip on recoil pad over the whole thing. Cutting an exit hole for the sling stud in the slip on holds it in place.
The other stock I ruined trying to saw it in two and piece it back longer. I had an old straight grip stock I took off a handi shotgun and used that. I also made a screw together cleaning rod and put that inside the stock. Shooting these "micro subs" might result in a stuck bullet someday in the field.
Hunting ,fishing and trapping in Missouri
Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ben B. »

Rifle Used : Ruger American Ranch 16" with Delta-P Brevis .308 muzzle can
Bullet Used (Grain, Manufacturer, Type) : 110gr Hornady VMAX
Powder Charge and Brand : 4.5 gr ETR-7
Case Used : 5.56 converted
Primer Used : Tula small rifle
COAL: 2.100" and 2.050"
Chronograph Velocity: Average 1032 fps (sd=19) for 2.100" and 1057 fps (sd=18) for 2.050". Averages are from 10 shots each.
Notes: fairly quiet suppressed with a Delta-P Brevis, and were a bit louder than a .22 pistol with muzzle can but in that neighborhood. Accuracy good at 50 yds, ~1"
"rjacobs" quote removed at "rjacobs" request.
afshirt
Silent But Deadly

Post by afshirt »

I see a lot of loads using lighter grain projectiles. I have a lot of the leatherhead 240's that work great with 9.5 grains of 4227 out of my AR. Will they be ok in my new 700 blackout?
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA pistol, rifle, shotgun, Refuse to be a Victim
NRA Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home
Full time instructor with Florida Firearms Training