300 Black Out Accuracy

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

erod

300 Black Out Accuracy

Post by erod »

I am using a 16" Noveske 300 BO top end. Want to use 110gr to 125Gr bullets at super sonic speeds with good accuracy. By good accuracy I mean reliably 1" or better at 100yds after load development. Any of you experts out there have actual experience with this idea and willing to share opinion?? I am presently using Barnes,Hornady and SMK bullets and H110 powder,but have others available to try.Is a 1:11 twist worth pursuing?? Tnx.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300 Black Out Accuracy

Post by smustian »

Moa is very attainable with load development. Many on this board have achieved it and have listed their loads. Get a 1:7 or 1:8 twist for the best range of bullet weights that you can use.
ScottB70
Silent But Deadly

Post by ScottB70 »

If I can do it, you can do it. All the components you mention are quality, and capable of sub MOA accuracy. You could use a 1:11, but your Noveske is probably more than adequate for the job. I noticed while using the VMAX that max velocity is not max accuracy.

I needed a decent optic and trigger to make it happen for myself. I have a 1:7 twist.

If you have more specific questions, I'd be glad to share my experiences.
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Post by JeffWard »

ScottB70 wrote:If I can do it, you can do it. All the components you mention are quality, and capable of sub MOA accuracy. You could use a 1:11, but your Noveske is probably more than adequate for the job. I noticed while using the VMAX that max velocity is not max accuracy.

I needed a decent optic and trigger to make it happen for myself. I have a 1:7 twist.

If you have more specific questions, I'd be glad to share my experiences.
Never underestimate the roll of a GREAT trigger in sub-MOA groups.

JW
Guns are tools designed for dirty work both competitive and defensive. If I meet someone with a well worn gun, I hope their barrel is pointed the same direction as mine if the lead starts flying...
popper
Silent But Deadly

Post by popper »

With jacketed bullets the 1:7 is probably good. A good trigger makes a lot of difference but a decent standard trigger should be fine for hunting where 2 MOA is acceptable. I'm playing with alloy in cast, got 1" x 1/2" 4 shot group @ 50, ~1800 fps, 150 gr. PB yesterday. 1:7 carbine with 7# trigger. I wasn't shooting for groups, just to see if the alloy did OK. Fine for 50-100 yrd hunting. I'd say just work up your loads with the bullets you have, don't change the rifle till you find you NEED something better.
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

The two most accurate loads I have come across in my Noveske 10" 300 BLK are the subsonic 220 SMK and the supersonic 125 grain SMK.
Both are 1 MOA accurate out to 300 yards and are closer to 1/2 MOA at 100 yards.

Subsonic 220 SMK
Rem / AAC Brass
205M Primer
10.2 grains A1680

Supersonic 125 SMK
Rem / AAC Brass
205M Primer
17.0 grains of N110
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
erod

Post by erod »

Will be using Barnes 110g TAC-TX FB,Hornady 110gr V-MAX and SMK 125gr-HPBT. Using H-110 powder ranging from 19.0grs to 20.0(.1 gr increments)-110gr bullets. With SMK,125gr-same powder ,slightly less. COAL-2.00" to 2.230",run out less than .002. Presume I am in the correct neighbor hood??? Tnx
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

You are. Good luck!
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

ScottB70 wrote: I noticed while using the VMAX that max velocity is not max accuracy.
i dont think you'll find very many bullets out there where max velocity = max accuracy. that said you should be able to find something close to the top end where there's a node and get you respectable accuracy with good load developement
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

If you want the smallest group I would work with the 125 SMK. I started at about 17 grains H110 and went up from threre. Best groups were at the high side of the charge weight. 18.2 grains.