Powders For the 300 blk. Links to published Data added.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

GUNNY14

Re: Powders For the 300 blk. Links to published Data added.

Post by GUNNY14 »

cwlongshot wrote:
GUNNY14 wrote:AS a newbie to the 300blackout I have a lot of questions about sub load and supersonic loads
h110 has always said not to decrease load more then 3% and seen several loads listed as much as 12% reduced?
shooting 16" heavy ar15 threaded for can, figured two uppers cheaper then two rifles

enlighten my mind plz
Do you have or have you tried A1680?

CW
shooting 290gr powder coated
shooting 125 gr powder coated
all cast dropping at .312 od

have 1680,231, varget , red dot,unique and others
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

A1680 really shines in the 300, across the board, but really getting going with 150's and up.

Its excellent for subs too!

I have tried it with 110g and its not the best velocity wise... same with 125&130g. It works, but better numbers are pretty easy to get. its the exact opposite past 150 where few powders can get better velocity numbers.

In subs I like it with a 208 Hornady. 10.8 I think is my load. But you want to start "super" and work down in your gun.

Hold on tite, your about to have a boat load of FUN!

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
OregonG20

Post by OregonG20 »

Any good recipes for Alliant Reloader-7 out there? I have 208gr bthp match and looking for a COL and powder charge. From what I am seeing, charges are anywhere from 10.8 to 12. I can't seem to find any reliable COL's to go along with the charge weights, though. Looking to get reliable cycling while shooting with a suppressor. 16'' barrel and pistol length gas system.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

OregonG20 wrote:Any good recipes for Alliant Reloader-7 out there? I have 208gr bthp match and looking for a COL and powder charge. From what I am seeing, charges are anywhere from 10.8 to 12. I can't seem to find any reliable COL's to go along with the charge weights, though. Looking to get reliable cycling while shooting with a suppressor. 16'' barrel and pistol length gas system.

Have you tried the SEARCH function yet? Try "208 reloader 7" and you get 6 pages of thread links that can/will answer your question and give you other ideas of powders that will/will not work. I could give you the answer you seek from my notes but you would learn absolutely nothing if I did so. As a new guy, do not try to short cut the learning process with this cartridge. You can easily get hurt by a lack of knowledge.
OregonG20

Post by OregonG20 »

smustian wrote:
OregonG20 wrote:Any good recipes for Alliant Reloader-7 out there? I have 208gr bthp match and looking for a COL and powder charge. From what I am seeing, charges are anywhere from 10.8 to 12. I can't seem to find any reliable COL's to go along with the charge weights, though. Looking to get reliable cycling while shooting with a suppressor. 16'' barrel and pistol length gas system.

Have you tried the SEARCH function yet? Try "208 reloader 7" and you get 6 pages of thread links that can/will answer your question and give you other ideas of powders that will/will not work. I could give you the answer you seek from my notes but you would learn absolutely nothing if I did so. As a new guy, do not try to short cut the learning process with this cartridge. You can easily get hurt by a lack of knowledge.
I DID use the search function. The first 10 pages of results all reference the the generic word "reloader" and not the powder. After reading the results for 10 pages, I thought this might be quicker. I appreciate your snarky response, though.

I'm not interested in any other powders, only Reloader-7. I am not new to reloading, and not looking to learn about the art of reloading. I have been reloading for over a decade. I was simply looking for COL info to go with the various charge weights I had found on this website and others.

I'm in this boat because the Reloader-7 was a gift. If I had purchased a powder to use for subs through a can, I would have purchased A1680.
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

OregonG20 wrote: I DID use the search function. The first 10 pages of results all reference the the generic word "reloader" and not the powder. After reading the results for 10 pages, I thought this might be quicker. I appreciate your snarky response, though.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx ... tl9hapdoi0

Try again :roll:
OregonG20

Post by OregonG20 »

SwampDog_13 wrote:
OregonG20 wrote: I DID use the search function. The first 10 pages of results all reference the the generic word "reloader" and not the powder. After reading the results for 10 pages, I thought this might be quicker. I appreciate your snarky response, though.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx ... tl9hapdoi0

Try again :roll:
Thanks for the help. I was using the boards search function to no avail. I don't know how you even made the other search function, but I appreciate the assistance.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

OregonG20 wrote:
smustian wrote:

I DID use the search function. The first 10 pages of results all reference the the generic word "reloader" and not the powder. After reading the results for 10 pages, I thought this might be quicker. I appreciate your snarky response, though.

I'm not interested in any other powders, only Reloader-7. I am not new to reloading, and not looking to learn about the art of reloading. I have been reloading for over a decade. I was simply looking for COL info to go with the various charge weights I had found on this website and others.

I'm in this boat because the Reloader-7 was a gift. If I had purchased a powder to use for subs through a can, I would have purchased A1680.
Not trying to be "snarky". I used the forum search function to get 6 pages of links for "208 Reloader 7". Your answer is in there should you take the time to read the posts. ALL of my notes are from what people have posted on this board that worked for them over the last few years. I took the time to create an Excel spreadsheet for different bullet weights/powder/coal/charge weight/etc so I do not have to refer back to the forum search. Your answer would be within the 6 pages listed. You could add more parameters to refine the search and get a shorter list.

All that said, what the hell do I know? I have been reloading for over 35 years. Compared to your 10 I guess I am just a dumbass. :mrgreen:

Under "New Posts" there is a thread started by Reloader449 where he created a .pdf file for all to use of online data. Here is the .pdf file link. http://www.vigilanceaero.com/300AACReloadData.pdf Look at the 208 data.
Mr. Chitlin

Post by Mr. Chitlin »

Thanks for that link!! ^^^^ Great info.
Rich Coyle
Silent Operator

Post by Rich Coyle »

I discovered typing in the name of this sight and the info I want in BING procuces much better results than trying the "search" function here.