X-Treme Bullets

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

justbob

X-Treme Bullets

Post by justbob »

Has anybody used these guys?
They have a sale going on and 500 copper plated 150 grain FP bullets are just under $50 shipped. ($49.12)
I ordered some.
1 review for the 300 blackout "My order came in days, not weeks as well. I using these for 300 AAC Blackout loads, they are working well in my AR for feed and function. At this price I can do a lot more shooting!"
exx1976
Silent But Deadly

Re: X-Treme Bullets

Post by exx1976 »

1000 of them just showed up on my doorstep today.

I hope to get some loaded and to the range this weekend.
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

I use them in my Remington 700 300 BLK. I did some testing with an AR upper and had about 50% fail to chamber, catching on the feed ramp. Here's my reloading notes on the bullet in the Model 700:

5.8GR UNIQUE, 150GR FN EXTREME BULLETS PLATED, CCI #400, 2.025” OAL, SUPPRESSED, SIGHTED ON AT 34YD
Pjsaleen266

Post by Pjsaleen266 »

I ordered 38 & 9mm.....looked at the .308 ones but had same questions

Will they run in an AAC 9" upper?

Thanks
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Some seem to have success with the bullet.

The biggest thing to note is that the bullet is a plated bullet which means it has an upper speed limit that should not be exceeded or else the bullet could come apart. I think this bullet's limit is 1900fps but be sure to check with X-Treme to get the correct upper FPS. Safety is always key when reloading :)
pruhdlr
Silent But Deadly

Post by pruhdlr »

Bruce.....why 2.025" OAL ?? Is that as long as you could load them to fit into the mag ??

Sometimes --> push feed + short COAL ='s feeding problems. --- pruhdlr
Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
STONER 63A / XM177E2
xmtysonxm

Post by xmtysonxm »

I ordered 500 for my handi rifle which I use exclusively subsonic and suppressed. Worked up a load with lilgun
Xtreme 150g fp
Wcc converted brass
Hornady dies
Cci 400 small rifle primers
6.6g Lilgun
Coal 2.05"
Crimp measured at .331
1013 fps 16" handi rifle

It shoots great out of the handi rifle. I tried the same load in my 8.5" ar pistol and I need to bump the charge back up for it to cycle properly.
8.5" cmmg wasp barrel
Pistol length gas
Spikes tactical lower with regular carbine buffer
Milspec carbine spring
RRA stainless bolt/carrier
Gen 3 and gen 2 Pmags
Gemtech HVT-QD

Chronographed at 865, 865, 866, 864, 867
Spent casing ejected but didn't feed next round in. I think 6.9 or 7.1 will have enough gas to cycle properly. When I get a chance I'll load a few up and see if I can get it up to 1040 fps and cycle properly. When I shot the 150's out of the ar pistol I could hit small pieces of broken clay pigeons out to 75 yards very easily.
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

pruhdlr wrote:Bruce.....why 2.025" OAL ?? Is that as long as you could load them to fit into the mag ??

Sometimes --> push feed + short COAL ='s feeding problems. --- pruhdlr
Because that's about the max oal that would fit into my case gage without forcing the loaded round in excessively. Remember, due to the flat nose there's more bullet weight in the body of the bullet so the bore riding part of the bullet is longer than on a pointy bullet. With Berry's version of the bullet, my oal is even shorter at 2.0". I agree with shorter oal's sometimes causing feeding problems in semi-auto actions. Note: I only tried them in one semi-auto rifle with one mag...maybe I could get a combo that would work better, but I have other bullets for subsonic use in the semi-auto's.

And, while I've not chronographed the Xtreme bullet out of the Remington 700, the same charge of unique does 1081fps with the Berry's plated bullet of the same weight.
justbob

Post by justbob »

Ok how are you guys loading these?
I'm having no luck finding loading info that is the fps that X-treme is recommending.
exx1976
Silent But Deadly

Post by exx1976 »

That 1000 I bought did, in fact show up, and I did, in fact, load a bunch.

15gr of w296 was my load, at 2.025" if memory serves.

Either way, I couldn't get them to feed correctly from an unmodified Pmag if I loaded more than 5 rounds into the mag. They would jam up and get all fucked up and bent and whatnot. Bad news.

I also had one of them strike the baffle in my brake, and that left me with chunks of plating and lead in my knuckle. Not horrible, but definitely irritating. Dug it out with a Benchmade and it's fine, but that's not the point.

Good thing there's a 30-30 sitting here that will eat them up without a problem.