Subsonic loads tested

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: Subsonic loads tested

Post by rebel »

O.K guys rounds chronied- High 1046 Low 1025 Avg 1032 out of 5 shots. Nice nickel size groups @ 50. Did not BHO on this round of testing so I am right on that ragged edge. With a can it will function, no doubt, 100%. These rounds all lightly crimped with a Lee FCD.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Rich De
Silent Operator

Post by Rich De »

Hey Reb! The rifle is supposed to be shipped tomorrow 8)....Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy!
Rich De
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

What kibd of consistency or SD (standard deviation) the thing with subs is how much that effects you at range. And thats what causes the vertical stringing the 300 blackout has often.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Rich De, cool on the rifle man! Sdustin, as long is my group is tight as hell, I do not do the math. I check S.D only if I am noticing problems. I have shot some damn good groups with high S.D's and thought, why am I checking if I ain't got a problem? These things shot 1/2 inch at 50 yards with two different shooters just fartin around getting Chrony readings. If you are instead referring to the lack of BHO, I have shot these rounds 4 different times and that was a first. I will continue to run the Chrony and see if I notice anything.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

That's great Rebel, Thanks'
Talked to CMMG today, my 8.5 upper shipped today....
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Just remember dude, I am runnin a carbine, you a pistol as far as gas systems are concerned. You might be better served lookin at some the Lil' Gun posts as far as powder is concerned. Someone else with an SBR might want to chime in at this point.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Yeah, I am leaning towards Lil gun. I just needed to see what was working for others before I jumped on the Lapua 200 gr bullets.
edit; Sorry, looking at lil gun for supers, 1680 for subs. I think I'll have a little easier time getting it to function with the Pistol gas system.
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

dtom29 wrote:Yeah, I am leaning towards Lil gun. I just needed to see what was working for others before I jumped on the Lapua 200 gr bullets.
edit; Sorry, looking at lil gun for supers, 1680 for subs. I think I'll have a little easier time getting it to function with the Pistol gas system.
As far as compatable powders for your 8.5" barrel, this should give you a good starting point with which to develop your own load.
viewtopic.php?f=141&t=83844
Last edited by certifiable on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

certifiable wrote:
dtom29 wrote:Yeah, I am leaning towards Lil gun. I just needed to see what was working for others before I jumped on the Lapua 200 gr bullets.
As far as compatable powders for your 8.5" barrel, this should give you a good starting point with which to develop you own loads.
viewtopic.php?f=179&t=84717

I don't think this is the one you wanted e to look at.
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

dtom29 wrote:
certifiable wrote:
As far as compatable powders for your 8.5" barrel, this should give you a good starting point with which to develop you own loads.
viewtopic.php?f=179&t=84717

I don't think this is the one you wanted e to look at.
Link edited
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln