Looking for experienced subsonic reloaders

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Re: Looking for experienced subsonic reloaders

Post by Maryland_Shooter »

Good point
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Post complete and accurate info when inquiring about loads, or be ignored.
sranch
Silent But Deadly

Post by sranch »

great let us know your load data. And please Cronograph them!

get a ProCrono Digital for $120 if you dont have one. They're great.
Peace
Silent But Deadly

Post by Peace »

Legionaire wrote:... Dont take this wrong but not knowing how much you know about the ar and i know that some people think a 16" is always a carbine gas system based on the barrel being 16" do you know the difference between carbine and pistol port location? I dont doubt what you are saying i just want to make sure you are not one of the people who think all 16" barrels are a carbine gas system. If you do have a carbine gas system then i need to get some subs loaded with h110 and see if i can get it to work in mine. Did you run it suppressed? Im guessing it will be quieter than 1680 and 5744.

Not quite sure who this post was directed to but while I'm no armorer, I've built 5 ARs in less than a year and have the propensity to over study and analyze just about everything. In most cases to a fault. So yes, I know the difference between gas tube lengths regardless of what size barrel their on.

I will say that the H110 is hard to keep consistent at lower charges. The string I posted before was probably more luck than anything. Other loads, while subsonic, we're not that consistent. Again, all cycled but failed to lock the bolt.

I've had better consistency and results with IMR 4198. Details here:
viewtopic.php?p=781558#p781558

No suppressors... yet.
NRA Endowment Member
VCDL Member

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson
Peace
Silent But Deadly

Post by Peace »

sranch wrote:... get a ProCrono Digital for $120 if you dont have one. They're great.
I second that, great Chrono for the money.
NRA Endowment Member
VCDL Member

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson
Legionaire
Silent But Deadly

Post by Legionaire »

Peace wrote:
Legionaire wrote:... Dont take this wrong but not knowing how much you know about the ar and i know that some people think a 16" is always a carbine gas system based on the barrel being 16" do you know the difference between carbine and pistol port location? I dont doubt what you are saying i just want to make sure you are not one of the people who think all 16" barrels are a carbine gas system. If you do have a carbine gas system then i need to get some subs loaded with h110 and see if i can get it to work in mine. Did you run it suppressed? Im guessing it will be quieter than 1680 and 5744.

Not quite sure who this post was directed to but while I'm no armorer, I've built 5 ARs in less than a year and have the propensity to over study and analyze just about everything. In most cases to a fault. So yes, I know the difference between gas tube lengths regardless of what size barrel their on.

I will say that the H110 is hard to keep consistent at lower charges. The string I posted before was probably more luck than anything. Other loads, while subsonic, we're not that consistent. Again, all cycled but failed to lock the bolt.

No suppressors... yet.
Sounds like i should try h110 in my gun. I never tried subs with h110 because every post i read about it in carbine gas systems it did not work until this post. I will load some up and give full details including velocities.
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maryland_Shooter »

Peace wrote:

No suppressors... yet.
OK, I have another test to do. Thanks for the contribution.
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Post complete and accurate info when inquiring about loads, or be ignored.
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

i ordered 500 sub lead .. delivered for $85 ... that's .17 a round ... they weight a little less than advertised 245's scale at 238-239 on average!

still for the price and performance (they will hit hard!!) i think it's a winner for cheap subs !
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales