Cabelas has H110 and Winchester 296 in stock

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Bstubby

Cabelas has H110 and Winchester 296 in stock

Post by Bstubby »

2 pound limit per order. Finally got me some different powder than Imr 4227!
Overton-AR
Silent But Deadly

Re: Cabelas has H110 and Winchester 296 in stock

Post by Overton-AR »

Bstubby wrote:2 pound limit per order. Finally got me some different powder than Imr 4227!
No way am I paying a HAZMAT fee on 2 pounds of powder.......again. :roll:

Did it once and it wasn't worth it. It ends up being about $40 per pound with the HAZMAT and shipping.
TTNuge

Post by TTNuge »

Overton-AR wrote:
Bstubby wrote:2 pound limit per order. Finally got me some different powder than Imr 4227!
No way am I paying a HAZMAT fee on 2 pounds of powder.......again. :roll:

Did it once and it wasn't worth it. It ends up being about $40 per pound with the HAZMAT and shipping.
Couldn't agree more. Got lucky recently with W296 being in stock at PV. Buying it by the case it comes out to $19.01 a pound delivered.
GSO
Silent But Deadly

Post by GSO »

If they had four or five varieties of powder (with a 2 pound limit) and/or tons of primers that you could include for the one HAZMAT, that would make it worth the cost. Otherwise, no.

I caught H110 in stock at Powder Valley three weeks ago or so and ordered six pounds (not sure why I didn't go for eight). I later noticed they had A5744 and realized I could use a couple pounds of it. E-mailed to see if I could add it to the H110 order and they said if they tried to modify the order I'd lose the H110 since they were already out of stock on it. I couldn't financially swing a seperate order for six or eight pounds of A5744. I couldn't justify the HAZMAT for just two pounds either.
I don't collect firearms; they just accumulate...

"Be Prepared" - My motto from an early age.

Greg
snoog37
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snoog37 »

GSO wrote:If they had four or five varieties of powder (with a 2 pound limit) and/or tons of primers that you could include for the one HAZMAT, that would make it worth the cost. Otherwise, no.
Tried the "two of each variety" a couple weeks ago & it would not let me keep more than two of ANY powders. So I bailed out and waited until midsouth could deliver. Appreciate the limits to prevent hoarding but it can be a pita with some of these things.
Overton-AR
Silent But Deadly

Post by Overton-AR »

snoog37 wrote: Tried the "two of each variety" a couple weeks ago & it would not let me keep more than two of ANY powders. So I bailed out and waited until midsouth could deliver. Appreciate the limits to prevent hoarding but it can be a pita with some of these things.

Two pounds is hardly "hoarding".....if I had less than 40 pounds in
my powder storage I would feel like I was running low.

Yes....limits are a good thing when product is short....but 2 pounds
is very prohibitive.