Powders for 300 Blk Out

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Re: Powders for 300 Blk Out

Post by Maryland_Shooter »

Some Lil'Gun development in this thread:
HERE
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Post complete and accurate info when inquiring about loads, or be ignored.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

A guy local to me that has been doing the Whisper thing for a long time and embraced the Blackout told me this. For supersonics he said H4227 is quieter out of a can than both 1680 and H110. He said the H4227 is also very consistent and with 110-150 grain bullets. He is shooting a 8" suppressed AR.

I have not tried H4227 yet with lightweight bullets but with 208 AMax's it gives some very small SD numbers and nice groups. Only problem is there is a lot of unburned powder in the barrel. Presumably due to a slower burn rate.

Dolomite
Last edited by Dolomite_Supafly on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
Tothemax!
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Tothemax! »

Maryland_Shooter wrote:Some Lil'Gun development in this thread:
HERE

Thank you I found that and will look into it further.
Tothemax!
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Tothemax! »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:A guy local to me that has been doing the Whisper thing for a long time and embraced the Blackout told me this. For supersonics he said 4227 is quieter out of a can than both 1680 and H110. He said the 4227 is also very consistent and with 110-150 grain bullets. He is shooting a 8" suppressed AR.

I have not tried 4227 yet with lightweight bullets but with 208 AMax's it gives some very small SD numbers and nice groups. Only problem is there is a lot of unburned powder in the barrel. Presumably due to a slower burn rate.

Dolomite
Interesting. I want to find a quiet powder but don't want to junk up the gun with unburned powder. Thanks for the heads up
Tymkpr

Post by Tymkpr »

Here is something I have been working with...

Have now shot over 300 rds to find this!

16" Novesky Carbine length gas system with YH 7.62 Phantom.
Shooting...
Hornady #30732 208g A-max
A5744 powder
CCI 450 magnum primers
cut & sized hornady .223 brass
C.O.L. 2.230
medium crimp

Using 9.4g WILL CYCLE CLEANLY!

Not sure the velocity or pressure but the primers staying seated and are not flattening.
On inspection after 50 rds I found only 5-10 unburnt powder specks in the lower.
B.Villains

Post by B.Villains »

Has anyone used win 231 to load supersonic blackout? I have that particular pistol powder for my 9mm and was curious if I could use it for a shallow rifle cartridge like the 300 blk.
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

B.Villains wrote:Has anyone used win 231 to load supersonic blackout? I have that particular pistol powder for my 9mm and was curious if I could use it for a shallow rifle cartridge like the 300 blk.
No, but I'll load a few - post a new thread in Handloading.

I think it - and Power Pistol will work and I think W231/HP38 will be pretty quiet and clean.

Grab a Snickers, it's gonna be a while.
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

entropy556

Post by entropy556 »

I've read a lot here. Lots of good information. I thought saw a recipe that some one used Alliant 2400. I got a good deal on a couple of pounds of 2400. I'd like to use it for supersonic in a 110 to 125 grain bullet. I'm shooting a 16" carbine length barrel.

Thanks

Jake
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

rjacobs wrote:do some searching. There are multiple threads on the first page of this forum that have the exact answers to your questions. There is a 40 page thread with reloading data in it.
A 40 page thread of totally arbitrary and incomplete load data . . . just a waste of space and effort

tfbit
Silent But Deadly

Post by tfbit »

I'll have to agree with you. The only way I find stuff in that thread is to page through the entire thread, doing a "find on this page" search with my browser. Once found most of the data is incomplete, usually not listing at least one important item, like barrel length, gas system, chrono results, can/no can, distance group was shot at, OAL, etc...

It is a source of data though.
Maryland_Shooter wrote:
rjacobs wrote:do some searching. There are multiple threads on the first page of this forum that have the exact answers to your questions. There is a 40 page thread with reloading data in it.
A 40 page thread of totally arbitrary and incomplete load data . . . just a waste of space and effort
No matter what you read on the intarweb CCI450s and CCI41s ARE NOT BALLISTICALLY IDENTICAL with H110! I'm also not a intarweb lawyer so I don't argue with anyone who is.