Nosler 125Gr Ballistic Tip 300 Blackout Load

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

danny951

Re: Nosler 125Gr Ballistic Tip 300 Blackout Load

Post by danny951 »

The Nosler BTs do seem to have separation issues from what I've seen here and elsewhere.
Shaman

Post by Shaman »

I'm getting ready to load some Nosler 125 BT green tips. The only powder I have available is IMR4227. Any load and/or OAL seating depth for this powder? I've noticed that COAL varies all over. I'm a novice... wondering if powder compression is the factor making the difference between shallow and deep seating. Nosler's 7th has the COAL at 2.060 on everything from 16-18 gr. of 4227. On the other hand I've seen COAL on the site well over 2.1"". I have a Nosler 125 BT green tip factory round here that measures 2.135". All very confusing.
Gyrkin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Gyrkin »

Shaman wrote:I'm getting ready to load some Nosler 125 BT green tips. The only powder I have available is IMR4227. Any load and/or OAL seating depth for this powder?
I've had good luck with 16.5 grains of IMR4227 with an OAL of 2.060 they averaged 1892 fps out of a 16" barrel. If you can locate some H110 you will get better velocities.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i'm running them over 17gr of lil gun with no crimp and seeing avg velocities around 2050 fps out of my 16"cmmg barrels. ES:4, SD:2

cci 400 primer, Converted LC brass. i load them to OAL in nosler's 7th.

per usual -start low and work up, follow all safe reloading practices. This load falls within published nosler data.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
r.tenorio671
Silent But Deadly

Post by r.tenorio671 »

darr3239 wrote:Per 20X11's chart, I see even more proof that the best ES's don't always produce the best accuracy.

I think guys waste a lot of handloading components by chronographing loads prior to accuracy testing. You should know if it's a lighter or heavier load, without the chrono, via powder load level. To me the goal is to always have higher velocity, on a super-sonic load, as long as the accuracy is good. Then chrono the load for ballistic purposes.

I chrony and shoot for group at the same time, my way of conserving components... by having a static aiming point I ensure the rounds pass over the chrony in the same path. I don't worry if I'm hitting the aiming mark or not, the group size is what is important, along with the FPS reading and fired case conditions... but, to each their own :mrgreen: