Email RCBS and ask for 300 Blk dies

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

match

Re: Email RCBS and ask for 300 Blk dies

Post by match »

I e-mailed them last week as well and got the same reply. Hopefully they will see the light as to how popular this cartridge is.
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

Heres the response I got
"Hi not sure of exact date but will be coming out soon"

I've got a set of lee and really need to add a set screw lock ring. I don't have my upper yet so I haven't loaded any yet but have sized some .223 cases. They seem ok to be but I just started reloading.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
Darkstang
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Darkstang »

Thats funny, my lee dies are better polished than my RCBS dies??
I too am a big fan of redding AND hornadys new dimension dies...
Broncman
Gearhead and Powder Burner
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Sdustin wrote:Heres the response I got
"Hi not sure of exact date but will be coming out soon".
People answering emails/phone generally don't know about products under development.

If they told you, I can tell you. RCBS is coming out with 300 BLK dies this year.

There are a whole lot of companies working on a whole lot of 300 BLK products, but I always wait for them to say something first.
BC98
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BC98 »

Post deleted
Last edited by BC98 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ocphy

Post by ocphy »

Emailed RCBS today got the following reply this morning

We are now making the 300 ACC Blackout dies. Please call our Customer Service to order. Thanks for choosing RCBS and have a great day!

Thank you,

Technical Services/ap
ATK/RCBS Operation
(800) 533-5000

Customer Service Hours:
Monday-Thursday 6:30am to 3:30pm
Gun-fun

Post by Gun-fun »

Wow it seems RCBS is awake :lol:
firedavis
Silent But Deadly

Post by firedavis »

Guessing shot show opened their eyes!
chase102798
Silent But Deadly

Post by chase102798 »

cb4017 wrote:Hmm, just looked at Midway. They're listing Hornady 300 Black Out dies, "coming soon".

If budget is your concern, than these are the dies that you should consider. IMHO, they are superior to RCBS dies. I feel that set screw lock rings that cut into the threads of your dies are an unwanted feature for me and make absolutely no sense. The compression lock ring on the Hornady is much better with no damage to the die. The floating bullet seating stem works very well, has been very accurate for me, and is a great feature for dies in this price range. I have them in various calibers including 300 BLK (since I'm still waiting on my backordered Forster dies which I may just sell when they come) and I have been very impressed with them for the money. I usually default to Redding (and for the competition dies and bushing dies they are still my go to), but I have really been into the value of the hornady dies as of late. Not to offend anyone who may be loyal to the brand, but RCBS dies just don't impress me. Its not that they are poorly made in any way, but for the money the Hornady dies are very well thought out concerning features.
dbltapXD
Silent Operator

Post by dbltapXD »

I had originally ordered the Lee Dies for the 300 BLK as well, just based on cost alone. It was my first set of Lee's, and it will likely be my last. One thing I did not like about them is that there is no locking nut on the seat die. I know a lot of people use them, and I'm sure the little rubber o-ring would hold the seat plug in place, but how much more would it cost to thread the stem further and add a locking nut? When I saw that the Hornady dies were available, and only 50-cents more per set than the Lee's, I ordered them, and I think they are well-made and a great value at the price.

Prior to this, I've only used Dillon and RCBS dies, and I would be willing to buy Hornady again just based on the quality that I can see in the product. I also like the Hornady compression locking rings better than the RCBS set screw type. As a matter of fact, I had already switched out all of the RCBS locking rings that I use on my single stage press for Hornady locking rings, so it's just an added bonus for these to already have them.

One additional note - when I ordered the Lee set, I also ordered the Factory Crimp Die, and I will be using it, so I'm not 'bashing' Lee or anything....just like the features for the money on the Hornady set.

And, I know this isn't the classifieds, but if anyone would like the set of Lee dies that I have (2 dies), I'd let them go for $30 shipped. They are in perfect condition...