Review of ShellPlate LED light system

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

tReznr

Review of ShellPlate LED light system

Post by tReznr »

I recently purchased a lightbar setup for my press from Inline Fabrication. I have generally poor lighting in my workshop and was looking to be able to better see powder levels inside the cases prior to seating a bullet.

They sell a model that only has one light bar. It's what I started out with (and it worked really well) but I accidentally broke one of the wires by hamfistidly pulling on the power cord where it attaches to the light bar to get the velcro to unattach from it's backing (I wanted to experiment with the light in a different spot). I got ahold of Dan at Inline Fabrication and explained what I'd done. I ended up mailing back my light and for a very nominal fee he sent me the new and improved model that has pigtail mounts that lets you run multiple lights:

The metal backing on the lights cleanly forms to the curves of your press:

Of course you'd never reload in the dark, but here's a shot with all the lights in the room turned off except the press mounted ones to show how much light it throws:

I'm very happy with how much useful light it throws and I think it's a more than worthwhile (and inexpensive) addition for a progressive press to help improve your awareness during the loading process.

I mostly just lurk here, but as a satisfied customer (no affiliation with the company) I thought I'd post this and I hope you guys find it as helpful as I did.
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"

-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
jaredr
Silent Operator

Re: Review of ShellPlate LED light system

Post by jaredr »

good stuff, thanks for the link.