Share your 300 Blackout Loads here>

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

BELT_FED
Silent Operator

Re: Lil'Gun Load Date

Post by BELT_FED »

lauyerman wrote:My DSA upper is on its way so I have been collecting load date on the powder I'll be using, Lil'Gun. I've pulled the following together from a bunch of sources, including this board:

Been working with lil' gun alittle these past few with a 16" barreled encore.

A 220gr hornady RN when transonic at 9 gr but was a performer at 8.6gr but they shoot high and to the right of everything else I fired. (4" high 2"right) dont know why

A 208gr hornady match bthp @ 8.5gr had a fastest speed of 1077 and a es of 28 and stacked 5 rds in one ragged hole at 50 yds

A 150 fbsp @ 5.0gr of hp38 and a semi-heavy lee factory crimp shot from 950-1020 fps and almost shot the same place as the lil gun 208gr with the same group size.

and the sound of the 8.5gr 208 bullet isnt much louder than my 150 gr plinker load. This will be my hunting load..
sinsir
Silent Operator

Re: Share your 300 Blackout Loads here>

Post by sinsir »

7.4 gr viht n110 / 208 amax shot @ 50 yards

aac micro 7 -16" brl w/ aac 7.62sd -51t blackout break / 1-4 vortex viper pst
reformed lc 5.56 brass
cci small rifle primer
temp was about 50 deg F
chrono - CED m2, set at 20' from the bench

1020 1026
1016 1022
1019 1021
1021 1017
1005 1024

a few projectiles i dug out of the berm. the berm just may have a kitchen sink in it as well as, shotgun hulls,rocks,sand,clay, and about 12 tons of lead and copper in the spent projectile flavor.

a few of the amax's you could see the little plastic tip smashed back into the copper jacket.

at the top are 247 cast noe , bottom left are 220 nosler partitions, bottom right are 208 amax's, there are also a few 220 smks in the mix.
2bad4u2
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2bad4u2 »

^^^ Is that N110 load an accurate load beyond 50 yards? The rounds aren't cutting the paper very well and look to be unstable. What do you think?
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

2bad4u2 wrote:^^^ Is that N110 load an accurate load beyond 50 yards? The rounds aren't cutting the paper very well and look to be unstable. What do you think?

2 things..

1) ogive.. That 208 is pointy...
2) printer paper does that.

1+2= funky holes in paper.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

Hey JohnInNH- what do you think of the Viper PST?
sinsir
Silent Operator

Post by sinsir »

2bad4u2 wrote:^^^ Is that N110 load an accurate load beyond 50 yards? The rounds aren't cutting the paper very well and look to be unstable. What do you think?

i don't know if they are accurate past 50 yards yet, i was actualy doing velocity testing, which for me is better to do on the short range, so i can just stop shooting and change targets or make adjustments to the chrono when i need to. at the 100/200 yard range, there are a lot more folks shooting so i may have to wait 15-20 min just to move or change targets or adjust the chrono... more often then not i have the short range to myself.

printer paper clothes pinned on chicken wire, even factory loads with other guns don't look good. here are some other blk targets

viewtopic.php?f=141&t=78639

on the 7.7 viht target you can see a peice of chicken wire that was broken and is poking back through the target.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

ncorry wrote:Hey JohnInNH- what do you think of the Viper PST?

The 1-4x24 is nice but at16 oz is a little much If you are a person who is doing CQB the 1x is important. I may go with the new 2-7x since I am not an using it like that... a SPARC or the like is nice my favorite is my 1.5-4.5x24 30mm but for a new buy a 2-7x will fill a gap in my scope collection.

I am conflicted....I like the true 1x but also would like a 5x for the high end of the variable. I can do the 1.5 but do not know if I can use a 2x for CQB indoors HD ..

So I am waffling
Schneeky
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Schneeky »

..Got the l'il Noveske 8" Diplomat back out to the range for 6 or so hours of load development today. It was "150 grainer" day. Tried Sierra Spitzers (#2130), Hornady FBSP Interlocks (#3031) and some M1's. The Sierras and Hornady's performed well, the M1's performed like pulled bullets will, but definitely "huntable plinkers".

..Tried H110 and ran'em up to the mid 19's before deciding better. All groups with H110 were kindof big and beat the crap outta the brass on the upper end.

..A1680 was the powder of the day. A little pokey, but I ain't after speed. Final load ended up around 1735ish with ES's in the teens and respectable groupings from an 8" AR on a less-than-optimal setup. Considering gear, setup and intended use, load work is pretty much only done at 50 yards for this project. Neat thing was all the 150's shared pretty much the same basic POI. Handy. Shooting them suppressed shifted POI about 2" right, but I still don't know what use suppressed supers would be.

..I've been working with 178gr AMax's for subs and thus far they've been a real winner. While not exactly what I'd call "proven", the only time I've had a FTF or lock was with the very first weak load I tried that more or less farted-and-fell-outta-the-barrel. :evil: Did it bass ackwards and started low. Old habits, ya know. Outside of that they have functioned flawlessly with acceptable accuracy for the intended use. Current load is ~12ish grains of 1680 seated to a comparator length of 2.475".

..On a side note, I installed and zeroed the new Leupy VXR HOG today. Beautiful resolution, love the reticle. As I understand it they come from the mfg centered. I used a LaRue QD104 for a mount. Stuck it on the Noveske and first shot was dead center about 6" high. Hot damn I love nice gear.!! :mrgreen:

..The pic is of my "proof target". Shoot, break down the setup, step away for a bit, setup. Repeat. Shot 3 Sierras, marked the group, then for shits-n-grins shot the Hornadys over top of'em. Got the flyer on the second Hornady and I'm pretty sure that was user-error cause I wasn't getting any wild flyers like that earlier. Shot a similar target with M1's in the mix and chewed the diamond pretty good. YMMV..

Pigs are gonna hate this thing very shortly. 8) d:^) Schneeks..

Outside the wire it's just us chickens, dig?
cb4017
Silent Operator

Post by cb4017 »

WhoDat wrote:
cb4017 wrote:
WhoDat wrote: Cliff,

Were you ever able to chrono those 130 gr sost with 18 gr h110 and Oal 2.04-2.05"?
Sorry, not yet. Work, weather, etc. have kept me busy. I haven't forgot. I also got some 150 fmjbt Hornadys in that I want to try.
Cliff
FPD, USN Retired, NRA Lifer
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

Schneeks.. What's a "M1" bullet? I thought M1 bullets were 50 cal? 633 Incendiary bullets.

M2 = 152 gr bullets used in a M1 Garand (many weigh 150 gr)
M80 = 147 gr FMJBT

M72 MATCH ammo is 173 gr no clue what they call that bullet.

So do you mean M2 Ball instead of M1? (just not sure if you are using the M2 ball I am using and may be getting people mixed up.)

EXCELLENT SHOOTING!

(I can't wait to test my 5744 and Lill Gun with the M2 ball bullets!)

M2 Ball bullets LOTS of room for powder: