Share your 300 Blackout Loads here>

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

tmbg

Re: Share your 300 Blackout Loads here>

Post by tmbg »

Correct, shooting unsuppressed.

That's as reasonable a theory as any, I suppose.

The loads I've shot so far did seem to be quite light. I'm not sure what quickload is seeing in my data that makes it think pressure will be so high. Nominal case length is 1.368", I have capacity listed as 25.1gr h20, and I'm seating these 150gr FMJ-BT to 2.065" COAL. Quickload predicts just shy of 65ksi with 18.0gr. I'm going to work up from 17 and see where I start to get flattened primers.

FWIW, 16.0gr in the first batch were just about hearing safe unsuppressed. That's got to be on the light side!
liquidsniper

Post by liquidsniper »

silencertalk wrote:That load strikes me as probably weak.
I have no idea if it is or not. I loaded it as a plinking round for a practice night with the local carbine club when we were running drills. My main goal with that load was a round that would go bang every time the trigger was pulled. It did so I am satisfied since the results met the goals I had in place. :mrgreen:
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

did you build it yourself ? if you did , may I suggest to check your gas block .. it may have loosened up backed out slightly making your gas port smaller... I had this happen when I built my 338 Spectre.. it worked fine until about 30 to 50 drs down range then it would not cycle correctly .. it was the gas block that had backed out just a fraction ..
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
tmbg

Post by tmbg »

it's a noveske built upper. I'll check it, but I'd be surprised if it was loose anywhere.
plamondacheq
Silent Operator

Post by plamondacheq »

One thing every one seems to miss.............Check your gas keys, if not properly staked they can loosen up and cause short stroking ask How I know!
tmbg

Post by tmbg »

Yeah, I've been down that road before... first thing I looked at on this upper when I bought it was the gas key... I even remarked that noveske seems to know how to stake them right!
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

did you check the gas block yet ? BTW , I assume it's a fixed gas block , not adjustable or on/off.. ?

mine was doing the exact thing after similar round count .. it was the block backing off...

can you see it though the handguard ? it should be really quick to spot if you have a m4 contour barrel and the block is not all the way in ...
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

imyomama wrote:did you check the gas block yet ? BTW , I assume it's a fixed gas block , not adjustable or on/off.. ?

mine was doing the exact thing after similar round count .. it was the block backing off...

can you see it though the handguard ? it should be really quick to spot if you have a m4 contour barrel and the block is not all the way in ...
The Noveske gas blocks are pinned + a set screw for good measure.
If it is out of alignment it will take factory service to remedy it.
My money is on the load not the gun.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

Dr.Phil wrote:
imyomama wrote:did you check the gas block yet ? BTW , I assume it's a fixed gas block , not adjustable or on/off.. ?

The Noveske gas blocks are pinned + a set screw for good measure.
If it is out of alignment it will take factory service to remedy it.
My money is on the load not the gun.

well that leaves that out then... strange!
Kublah
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kublah »

What is the lightest subsonic bullet anyone has been able to shoot that cycles the action on an AAC 9" w/ suppressor mounted.

From previous posts I seem to remember that 175gr was not enough.