300BO 10.5 blow up today

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

dieselherb

Re: 300BO 10.5 blow up today

Post by dieselherb »

I'm using a digital caliber. Had fired several 110gr vmax H110 powder that day. No problems. Will measure some store bought ammo. Granted I have reloaded some cases several times. This can get expensive replacing gun parts!
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

just because its digital doesnt mean its properly calibrated.

check it on some known diamater good quality bullets and see what you're reading. that may help narrow down if you have a measuring device issue, which is really seems like you do.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
dieselherb

Post by dieselherb »

At this point, have to say there may be enough residue in the chamber to lodge the casing and bullet. Casing still stuck in chamber. Had it submerged in liquid wrench for 2 days, still wont budge.
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

Largely I agree with Dellet.

I will only ad to the cast bullet side of this
Question.

You mention .335 as a case neck diameter. My thought is (apologies, Im surmising and I do not know your experience level here)

Cast bullets NEED to run larger then jacketed. That larger diameter DOES NOT raise pressures the way a "fat" jacketed bullet would. BUT, that is speaking to the bore. NOT bullet release in the case/chamber. Your ".335" measurement might be and might not be good for your gun. Again in and at face value it doesn't tell us much at all but you measured a case. Also was that with a jacketed. What it done based on a single case or single brand. Did you neck turn all brass to attain this? Whats your chamber dimension? Also, back to larger dia cast. If you had a .310 dia cast bullet. ( VERY VERY COMMON DIA FOR 30 cal cast) this will change that equation and may well leave uou with a bullet release issue upon firing. THAT WOULD quickly cause dangerous pressure levels. Again this call for speculation as we do not have chamber dims to know whats actually a safe max neck dimension.

Glad you are OK. Sorry ta wrecked your firearm.

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
dieselherb

Post by dieselherb »

Thanks for the info. Casings are still stuck in chambers, unable to remove them. Let one sit in liquid wrench (submerged) for two days. Nothing to grab to knock out.
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

Maybe this can help

https://youtu.be/NlXKgvjt2SQ
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Getting the brass out may be impossible, there is a spray product called freeze release that might help, freon works better if you have access, might be able to get the brass to let go.

Main thing is we need true bullet diameters and either neck thickness or loaded diameter, the loaded diameter assumes you have more of the same brass.

If the load was so hot it welded the brass to the chamber, it probably ruined the barrel anyway.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
dieselherb

Post by dieselherb »

What do think of a 150gr fmj 10.5gr 1680 powder for subs?
popper
Silent But Deadly

Post by popper »

Try soaking with kerosine and then pounding it out with tape wrapped brass or steel rod through the muzzle end. They will come out but tough. Can't 'weld' it in but chamber residue will make it tough. Once it starts to move it will drop out easy.