300 Blackout bullets

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

treeninja

300 Blackout bullets

Post by treeninja »

Is the .308 federal 130 grain otm bullet a good choice for the 300 blackout. If so, where could I find good load data? I am brand new to the forum. Thanks in advance. Will be shooting them out of a new pistol build. Spikes tactical upper and lower, Ballistic Advantage 10.3" Hanson barrel, and everything else is Aero Precision.
fancygunz

Re: 300 Blackout bullets

Post by fancygunz »

treeninja wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:25 pm Is the .308 federal 130 grain otm bullet a good choice for the 300 blackout. If so, where could I find good load data? I am brand new to the forum. Thanks in advance. Will be shooting them out of a new pistol build. Spikes tactical upper and lower, Ballistic Advantage 10.3" Hanson barrel, and everything else is Aero Precision.
I don't know about that specific bullet but 130gr is an acceptable weight for the 300blk. What powder(s) are you using?

Report back once you have some accuracy data with that barrel. I have has absolutely horrendous accuracy results with that exact barrel, and have read many reports online of other people having the same issue as well. I'm talking 2-3 MOA at best no matter the load.
Matt in TN

Post by Matt in TN »

That exact barrel shoots around 1.5 MOA for me with 125gr Hornady SSTs.
ReadyAimDuck
Silent But Deadly

Post by ReadyAimDuck »

What are you looking to do with it? Hunt? Range Plinking? Home Defense? I've been shooting 135s with the sierra load data below with good results, but nothing specific on your bullet.

https://sierrabullets.files.wordpress.c ... 052018.pdf