Super loads with Reload Swiss RS36?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Johansson

Super loads with Reload Swiss RS36?

Post by Johansson »

Anyone who has a good pet load with RS36 powder?

I have a 16" barrel and am about to figure out a load with 147gn FMJ and 155gn cast bullets, powder coated and gas checked.

It is very difficult to find any data for the RS36 powder, the closest I've found is for a 180gn Oryx bullet where the max load is 17.5gn. The case holds 17.0gn when filled up to the straight section of the neck.

With 17.0gn under the 147gn bullet I would get a very light compressed load that should have ok pressures, given that it is below the max load for the 180gn Oryx bullet. I'll work it up to there of course and check for pressure signs and speeds.

/Anders
Johansson

Re: Super loads with Reload Swiss RS36?

Post by Johansson »

I loaded up some rounds last night and went to the range after work today, unfortunately I couldnt get hold of the club chrono but I was eager to try them out.

No real test, I shot from a table at 30 meters just to see if the groups would hold together. I was especially curious about the cast bullets and if the 50/50 WW/pure lead mix would be hard enough.

All of the 147gn FMJ loads ran fine, the hottest load was 17.0gn RS36 which didnt make any changes to the primer edges so pressure cant be excessive.

The 155gn powdercoated bullets had 16.5gn under them, and they grouped just as good as the FMJ (size of a kids fist) and with better support I would certainly have made the groups better. No tendency of keyholing so the bullets seem to work. Yippiee!🙂

Next up is to borrow the Labradar chrono and try some 17.0gn loads with the cast bullets, I'll take some pics then.👍🏻

Cheers!
/Anders