what case trimmers do you use

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Doindia

what case trimmers do you use

Post by Doindia »

Hi all, gathering all of my supplies to start reloading 300 blackout. About the only thing I am missing is the case trimming jig (I have the squirrel daddy/chop saw combo already) I am referring to the trimmer that people attach to drills and fine tune their case length. I have primarily seen the little crow jig which is like 80 bucks shipped. without much to compare it to, I thought that was steep. I also searched here and saw someone recommend the Lyman Ezee trimmer. Ideally I would like something that could pop into a drill, but im not set on it. Just figured I would ask the group here to research some options. Or at least maybe hear someone justify spending 80 on the little crow jig.
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Re: what case trimmers do you use

Post by cwlongshot »

I have a couple CROW trimmers that I like alot. But these are caliber specific. Generic trim goes to my old Lyman power trimmer.

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
Snozzelquaf

Post by Snozzelquaf »

I use the lyman case trimmer express its very quick, accurate, and repeatable holding a +/- 0.001" nominal values.

Think you can pick one up for ~$100 on Amazon prime.
"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-Benjamin Franklin
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

+1. Little crow Worlds finest trimmer. I put my used carbide end mill bits in them once they get nicks or flute damage. The end cutting surface usually is still good. Carbide bits will last forever on brass.

The cost is easily offset by time saved.
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

I tried the Little Crow trimmers and could never get a consistant length. I use the L.E. Wilson micrometer trimmer and love it
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
TRshootem
Silent But Deadly

Post by TRshootem »

I have 3 of the Lyman trimmers with the shaft to attach my drill. Tried some of those mentioned, just didn't seem much faster or accurate so I stuck with these. I need to get the carbide cutter, the steel ones work fine for as long as they last. Mil-spec .308 being trimmed on the Lyman begs for the carbide but I keep spending my tool cash on other projects.
BobinNC
Silent But Deadly

Post by BobinNC »

I've been using a Forsters Original case trimmer for the last 40 years or so.....
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

I'm a cheap bastard.
I use the Lee stuff.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Took that stuff, made a fixture out of wood to hold a corded drill and hooked it up to a foot pedal.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
WarEagleEd

Post by WarEagleEd »

I use a Forster case trimmer also. They do sell an adapter that allows the use of a drill to run the trimmer (not quite the same as one of those Little Crow trimmers). I've never used the Wilson case trimmer but I would like to try one out.
Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ben B. »

I use Dillon 1200 for .223./5.56. I got the WFT for 300 BLK. It seems to work well. If I had more space I’d get a Giraud.
"rjacobs" quote removed at "rjacobs" request.