3D printed brass catcher for CTS trimmer

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

mech5700
Silent But Deadly

3D printed brass catcher for CTS trimmer

Post by mech5700 »

Got tired of having brass shavings everywhere when trimming down brass. My buddy recently got a 3D printer so we got some ideas together and made something that works well to contain/direct the brass shavings.

Still need to make some tweaks, but it fits right over the trimmer and has a little lip to keep the brass from slinging out the front. This one was a little thin where the cone meets the cylinder and it separated there (hence a little bit of glue residue in the photos), but the final version will have more strength at that junction to prevent it from coming apart.

After each case, give it a little shake and the shavings fall right out. Also, I use the "large primer" pusher for the RCBS hand primer to hold the case while running it into the trimmer. Not sure what other methods are out there but I found this to be the easiest on the hands and pretty quick too.

Would any of you guys be interested in something like this? If there is enough demand, he might make some to sell. Open to suggestions on what yall would think this piece would be worth as well. Probably could also make one for the WFT too if I could get my hands on one to do some measurements.

Andy