Loading 210 grain subs.. new guy problems

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

ShippWrekk

Loading 210 grain subs.. new guy problems

Post by ShippWrekk »

So, I ordered 300ct Nosler 210 grain RNBT .308 bullets. My Lyman manual arrived a day or two later, which is when I discovered there isn't any load data for 300 BLK and this particular bullet.
I received advice to apply the Hornady 208 grain A-max data, which calls for 11.5 grains of powder. I am using the Hodgdon CFE BLK powder. I precisely loaded 20rds with 11.5 grains, at an OAL of 2.260". I planned on firing them off tomorrow, until I realized these bullets are just too long. Am I screwed? I have 300 of these bullets and I'd really like to get some safe data so I can shoot em and get myself on the right track with the proper bullets. Thanks in advance, I really need some help here.
MeGrunt

Re: Loading 210 grain subs.. new guy problems

Post by MeGrunt »

Umm...have ya bothered to even do a search? Maybe for Nosler load data?

Or is that too hard?

Maybe you could plunk the rounds in your barrel? Maybe run them through your magazine?
brutis
Silent Operator

Post by brutis »

Look at this tread 220gr RNBT
ShippWrekk

Post by ShippWrekk »

MeGrunt wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:42 pm Umm...have ya bothered to even do a search? Maybe for Nosler load data?

Or is that too hard?

Maybe you could plunk the rounds in your barrel? Maybe run them through your magazine?

Dude, yes I damn sure did and found nothing. Like I said in the original post, the manual showed up after I purchased these bullets. I was under the impression (as a rookie) that as long as the diameter and weight was within a certain range, you could apply the proper amount of powder and send the mfker down range. I was wrong, but now I have all these bullets and would rather shoot them for fun than sell them, before settling with the correct load process of a 200 or 220 grain bullet.
MeGrunt

Post by MeGrunt »

Are you sure they are 210 gr? I see a 220 gr round nose ballistic tip.