Lockdown loading

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

20X11
Silent But Deadly

Re: Lockdown loading

Post by 20X11 »

dellet wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:10 am I sorted a bunch of 22 Shorts by rim thickness and bullet seated depth. Does that count for loading?
Yes it DOES...it's a Reloading room process. Love 22 short...first rifle I ever shot.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

20X11 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:33 pm
dellet wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:10 am I sorted a bunch of 22 Shorts by rim thickness and bullet seated depth. Does that count for loading?
Yes it DOES...it's a Reloading room process. Love 22 short...first rifle I ever shot.
I wrote this up in another thread, rifle was made about 1915

Here's the difference sorting made. Group on the right was sorted by rim thickness, I sorted into five groups. On the left is one from each group. Target was at fifty yards of bags.

Hope to shoot the ones sorted by rim and length tonight if the weather holds.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Post by 20X11 »

I saw that post in the other thread...I still have that old 22 short...Remington autoloader from way back when...I'll have to unsafe it one of these days and apply that wisdom.
Br549

Post by Br549 »

Loaded 200 223 55gr FMJ.

Listening to some BTO greatest hits with early Metallica
Amazon has free albums.
flamatrix99

Post by flamatrix99 »

I started my first reloading of 300BLK using A1680 about 9 months ago. I got 3 groups of 5 loaded, working the loads up. Then got busy and never looked at it again until recently. Now I do not remember what the loads were. They are subs, 208 Hornady ELD. I think I just need to shoot them and see how they do. I am shooting them from a 10" PSA upper that I built on a Spike's lower receiver. I also have a SilencerCo Omega 300 can on it. So far only shot factory ammo through it.
Last edited by flamatrix99 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

I sell guns and reloading supplies. Our president directed Homeland to deem it essential. Still, after the initial 2 week nukking futts deal where all the 9mm was sucked up and folks bought guns that didn't know which end went boom, now the slow down has hit. The unprepared prepper looking to stock up on ammo - sorry, limit two boxes per caliber. Gotta take care of my peeps locally. The one dumbass that didn't by a cheap AR in the last 3 years. The one thing this business has taught me - more sheep than you could ever imagine. Personally,I set out to conquer an old Remy 788 in 222. Quite a journey, think I have it whooped. Didn't chronicle it here because I figured no one would be interested in the process.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Roachclass

Post by Roachclass »

Some good projects going on around here. I've been loading my 150gr gold dot loads(finally came in stock again) and some 208gr Hornady subs. Got about 200 more of the gold dots and I'm moving on. Have some Sierra 150gr game kings I'm itching to try with some BLC-2 in my 308 bolt action Savage. I'm ready to hunt again. Been fishing some to take a little load off the food from the store. Caught several big catfish, from 50# down to whole friers.
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

This whole lockdown hasn’t really affected my routine so far. Being “essential” I still have to go to work, shoot on my days off and do some loading after work. I have noticed that over the last few weeks far fewer people have been at our club range which has allowed me to get a lot more testing done in the time I have available so if this drags out for another month or two I may actually get through the nearly 1k of test rounds I currently have back logged.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
offsidewing
Senior Silent Operator

Post by offsidewing »

I finally started working up a load for the 500 Barnes Tac-Tx 110 grain bullets I've been sitting on for over 5 years.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

I managed to break another bullet last weekend :oops:

I think it was operator error, but until I can repeat it, I won’t know for sure. I just know that when you eject a round in a bolt action, pieces parts of the last round fired aren’t supposed to fall out on the bench.

300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.