Lockdown loading

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Re: Lockdown loading

Post by Sig220 »

Before all this (Cavid-19) started, I found that the glass on a used EOTech I had mounted on my AR pistol in 300BO had failed internally. By that I mean there is a piece of glass red/clear inside the lens that is normally glued down and it had came loose. Being used, I opened it up and was able to glue it back down but thought it would not hold......it didn't.

So I contacted EOTech, described the problem and they agreed to repair it at no cost! I sent it in earlly March and got it back at the end of the month.
Not only did they fix the inside glass, it has new outside glass as well. Just think of a old EOTech with new internals! EOTech earned a Plus 1 in my book. Would buy another in a heartbeat because I love the fast acquisition of sights on target and I know EOTech will stand behind the product!
All I paid was the initial shipping back to them, they covered the rest.

I have also been procuring loading components to add to my stash, found 6K primers about 5 hours from me along with 8 pounds of TAC and had a friend pick it up and hold for me. Also have a stash of projectiles and loaded ammo being held for me about 5 hours away in a different direction!
Thought I had enough primers, but at $10 a K, I could not buy them.

Loading a bunch of 300BO "plinkers" using a stash of Remington 125gn Corelocks, A1680 powder and S&B primers. I load these down from maximum a bit as they punch paper either way! They are pretty accurate, but don't think they will perform at 300BO speeds for hunting. Then I will process more brass to the point of seating primers and store in plastic bags for future loadings. I will repeat that process with .223, .308, 9mm and .45 until I have both a nice stash of shooting ammo and tubs of cleaned primed brass ready to load.!

Stay safe, shoot straight!
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

I sent all my EOTech optics back for refunds when their scandal blew up.

L3 is a sh!tty slimy company. You couldn't pay me enough to use their garbage.

I guess most people have forgotten and moved on, but I haven't, and won't. They put lives at risk by lying and covering up.
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sig220 »

golfindia wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:15 am I sent all my EOTech optics back for refunds when their scandal blew up.

I guess most people have forgotten and moved on, but I haven't, and won't. They put lives at risk by lying and covering up.
I, too sent my original back for a refund as I could not fade the liability if the zero changed. The more I read about it the more I understood it was at extreme temperature changes when the zero moved. I missed the big donut sight so I bought a used one a 552.a65. It served me for a while before the glass came loose. Now its back, like new. It serves my purpose and I am extremely happy with EOTech's service. BTW, I never heard one person say that the sight put them in danger. All I heard was that under testing at EXTREME temperature variations that the "zero" could change.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion and you don't have to use their product.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

Sig220 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:53 pm
golfindia wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:15 am I sent all my EOTech optics back for refunds when their scandal blew up.

I, too sent my original back for a refund as I could not fade the liability if the zero changed. The more I read about it the more I understood it was at extreme temperature changes when the zero moved. I missed the big donut sight so I bought a used one a 552.a65. It served me for a while before the glass came loose. Now its back, like new. It serves my purpose and I am extremely happy with EOTech's service. BTW, I never heard one person say that the sight put them in danger. All I heard was that under testing at EXTREME temperature variations that the "zero" could change.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion and you don't have to use their product.
L3/Eotech lied to their customers (including the DOD) for years and committed fraud. That is not my opinion, that is a fact.
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sig220 »

golfindia wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:33 pm

L3/Eotech lied to their customers (including the DOD) for years and committed fraud. That is not my opinion, that is a fact.

I was/am a customer and don't feel they lied to me. YMMV

If you can't handle the fact that I got what I find to be great service from a company you are bitter about I cannot assist you.

Just go on to the next thread and move on.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

Sig220 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:58 pm
golfindia wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:33 pm

I was/am a customer and don't feel they lied to me. YMMV

If you can't handle the fact that I got what I find to be great service from a company you are bitter about I cannot assist you.

Just go on to the next thread and move on.
WITAF?

Ok will do.....
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Post by 20X11 »

In the spirit of the Original Post;

I setup my new Dillon XL750 press (ordered for 300blk). I ran a batch of 100 pre-primed brass and another batch of 100 unprimed. All were sized, trimmed, swaged, and clean.

Sweet machine...smooth operation. I'm going to LIKE this.
Br549

Post by Br549 »

Yesterday sized 400 223 after working in yard with wife for most of the day.

Today hope to trim, de-burr and remove crimp for primers.

The 750XL looks like a very nice press, I'm jealous.

I have a Hornady LNL progressive it takes a fair amount of tuning to keep running.
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Post by 20X11 »

XL750 is nice...I am coming off an RCBS Pro 2000 that I've had for 15 years. All Progressives have their quirks, it becomes a matter of which quirks you are willing to live with. The Pro2000 is a rock solid BEAST, but the Auto Indexing is an add-on kit that is a little klugey. Its the best I found for sizing consistency, but the powder auto drop and auto indexing clunkiness combined to jiggle powder around a lot. The Dillon is butter smooth, and I LOVE the powder check system.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

I sorted a bunch of 22 Shorts by rim thickness and bullet seated depth. Does that count for loading?
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.