cast Lee 115 bullet AOL

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

dieselherb

cast Lee 115 bullet AOL

Post by dieselherb »

Ok loading 230 they seem to be right(still testing)
Also loading 115 but info from Lee says Min AOL is 2.05 for 115, at that length the bullet won't even be in the case?
Atakawow

Re: cast Lee 115 bullet AOL

Post by Atakawow »

Are you certain the OAL info from LEE is, specifically, for that cast bullet?
TRshootem
Silent But Deadly

Post by TRshootem »

I load those 115 gr Lee RN(coated) to 1.795 OAL on top of 5 grs of Trail Boss powder. They feed just OK in my RARR, are fairly accurate, but not really worth the trouble. They don't feed worth beans in a AR(as a test) or bolt gun, but would certainly be fine in a single shot. These could be seated deeper if needed, I just prefer to cast and coat heavy subs. I'm saying play with a seating depth that feeds smoothly and is usable as a light sub works in platform not reliant on system gas. As supers, I would first find my best OAL, then the powder that best fills the amount of case left to the bullet base. Some powders, like 1680 compress just fine. I use a BLK case with a slit on two sides of the neck to gauge bullet seating based on load type and bullet profile, and a quick way to find where the ogive starts in the case for any not familiar to me.
dieselherb

Post by dieselherb »

Thanks for the info. You're right not worth the trouble! I ordered an 165 grain for supers