No Hazmat Fee??

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Newbie2This

No Hazmat Fee??

Post by Newbie2This »

Hello all,,, I am in a small location that happens to have a Bass Pro in the general area. The price for Powder is ridiculous and the smaller shops seems to charge about 20% more than Bass Pro making it even more ridiculous. I know that Brownells has a 1 cent hamat fee plus free shipping sale here and there but I missed the last one and am needing to buy powder.

Does anyone know where to buy powder online that waives or offsets the hazmat fee and shipping?

I called Brownells to see if they would give me a code if I ordered like $300 or more in one order and they said no and they don't know when they will have another promo. I asked if I could talk to someone and see if they could make an exception since am ready to buy now and they said NO...

So am looking around, since buying it local is insane. Local a pound of plain old Hodgdon Tite Group is $34.99,,, plus tax,,, :shock: Accurate 5744 is almost $50 plus tax,,,

Brownells if you are listening please get me a code so I can order some powder off you,,, 8)

Newbie2This
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Re: No Hazmat Fee??

Post by cwlongshot »

Subscribe to Midway, Natchez and Midsouth emails.

ALL have free hazmat a few times a year.

Something we have done for years is to do our own GROUP BUYS with guys in our gun club. Group your $$ and orders into a single order and split the hazmat fees.

Good luck

CE
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
Newbie2This

Post by Newbie2This »

That's a good idea,, I may have to ask around and see if anyone wants to go in on an online order... Hopefully Brownells has a sale soon, they just had one about 3 weeks ago or so,,,
Thanks much
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Powder valley? I see they have $10 off if you sign up for their newsletter. That's half a hazmat, and their prices are better than Brownells.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Grafs
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

You're going to take it on the chin buying one or two pounds at a time. Buy 16 or 32lbs and hazmat becomes a lower percentage of the overall cost. In the 30 years I've been buying powder (since highschool) it has never gotten cheaper.

American reloading has some sales occasionally. I've bought military stuff as low as $13-$15 per lb delivered. If you have to have the boutique or VV powders you've got to fork out the dough.

https://americanreloading.com/en/264-gunpowder
Roachclass

Post by Roachclass »

Midway has free shipping on orders over $50 right now. That might offset the hazmat fee enough for you. You just missed free hazmat sale at powder valley last week, but you had to order something like $150 worth.
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sig220 »

You could post your location and see if anyone else from that area is on the board and wants to join your powder order. I have been lucky and picked up powder from individuals but usually have to travel a ways to pick it up. I got 8 pounds of 1680 for $70 not long ago! There is a guy on TX Hunting Forums that is selling surplus powder for dirt cheap. He is in the DFW area. Its not suitable for 300BO, but I think it is best in .308 and maybe .223.

Good luck!
Newbie2This

Post by Newbie2This »

I am in TriCities TN,,,, Very Northeast corner of TN....
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

Powder Valley is about the cheapest online source for powder and primers. Their hazmat is $20 and they often run free hazmat days.. Before you order based on "free hazmat" check the prices both ways. If the cost is more than what you can get it from PV.
Large orders do split up the hazmat. If you are ordering a couple of 6lb jugs and some primers, the hazmat becomes a fairly negligible portion of the cost.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel