Fiocchi 125 sst blue tip

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Re: Fiocchi 125 sst blue tip

Post by bangbangping »

rebel wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:42 pm My personal experience on big game is a 130 lb (or so ) buck at 98 ( laser ranged ) yards. I carefully chose a high shoulder shot where his neck meets the shoulder. He was quartered toward me slightly. The deer slid to a halt 30 yards from where I hit him. Lungs were gone, aorta blown away and I recovered the bullet under the offside hide. Perfect expansion. This was done with a 16 inch barreled Olympic, 18.1 gr. of 296 and a 125 SST. MV probably around 2100-2200 fps. I'll try and remember to edit this and post a picture of the recovered bullet tonight.
Don't believe everything you read.
edit- I don't see the blue tip comparison in that article either.
Is this the deer you're talking about?
Bearcat, if you're talking to rebel and he mentions "deer tracks," he probably means something other than what you're thinking about. :lol:
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Ha! Well it ain't ol' capn Photoshop. Don't get me started bang or I'll post that picture of you and your Mother in law secretly going to the Transgender bar. Bear ain't ready for all that :mrgreen:
And here is that recovered bullet as promised. Forget what it weighed, less than 100 gr I think.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

rebel wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:04 pm Ha! Well it ain't ol' capn Photoshop. Don't get me started bang or I'll post that picture of you and your Mother in law secretly going to the Transgender bar. Bear ain't ready for all that :mrgreen:
And here is that recovered bullet as promised. Forget what it weighed, less than 100 gr I think.
Don't think I am ready for that visual.
Thanks for the pic of recovered bullet. Looks like I will be getting some Fiocchi to test in the Howa. Do still plan on some kind of test between the 2 just to see what happens this spring. Thanks everyone for the replies.
BTW, nice tire track pic of the deer.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

rebel wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:04 pm Don't get me started bang or I'll post that picture of you and your Mother in law secretly going to the Transgender bar.
What can I say? Tuesday is $1 margarita night. :oops:
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

bangbangping wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:08 pm
rebel wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:04 pm Don't get me started bang or I'll post that picture of you and your Mother in law secretly going to the Transgender bar.
What can I say? Tuesday is $1 margarita night. :oops:
Have to drink allot of margaritas to mess with those in the transgender bar? So, what do you do when you find the hot babe of your dreams has bigger junk than you? :mrgreen:
Last edited by bearcatrp on Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

you are messing with the wrong man........fair warning. You may find a picture of yourself here in the morning :shock:
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

FYI, I was referring to bangbangping comment. After seeing what pics you post of others on this forum, don't need any pointed toward me.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

bearcatrp wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:03 pm FYI, I was referring to bangbangping comment. After seeing what pics you post of others on this forum, don't need any pointed toward me.
Why, you don't look good in a bikini? :lol:
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

I don't since it would only cover the testies.
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Logging in from Cozumel to see if any funny stuff was happening. Guess a bikini would show off my nice tan but don’t think the resort would like seeing in one. Will be hard to come back after 2 weeks down here.