CCI #41 primers vs CCI 400

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

gomeybear
Senior Silent Operator

Re: CCI #41 primers vs CCI 400

Post by gomeybear »

Big in reloading knowledge. I thought we all disclose our weights on here: 9 to 20 grains or so..
TRshootem
Silent But Deadly

Post by TRshootem »

In regard to the CCI #41 primers.... I could not ever justify the cost above what I could pay for standard stuff, nor was I able to discern any appreciable difference in results. Sourcing the 41's locally was a near doubling in price over all others. If ya like em, use em. A really nasty carbon hole of a chamber in a 5.56 carbine might benefit from the harder cup in a fire fight...hope I never have to find out :shock:
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

gomeybear wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:08 pm Big in reloading knowledge. I thought we all disclose our weights on here: 9 to 20 grains or so..
There are more than 3 here.
viewtopic.php?f=128&t=101488
And even more than participated in the link provided. It's more like the Jedi council 8)
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
gomeybear
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gomeybear »

@ Rebel. Alright, alright no more tooting your horn! Mr. Expert Council.... :lol:

Thanks for the help, Gents. Having too much fun with this stuff.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Seriously, not tooting at all. There are plenty of guys here that have more knowledge, that was my point. There is no big 3, though through responses to you it might seem that way.There are some folks here with high post counts, it the content that matters. Using that example, dellet and Dr. Phil eclipse me as I occasionally participate in shenanigans that adds nothing to the collective but laughter or revulsion. I am just a good reloader an can squeeze a trigger. that is all.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.