Hornady 190 gr Sub-X load data

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Hornady 190 gr Sub-X load data

Post by Ben B. »

Call Hornady tech and ask for the velocity-performance range for the bullet. Then you’ll know what speed-range they think will work.

But it won’t be quiet to use an “expanding subsonic bullet” at supersonic speeds.
"rjacobs" quote removed at "rjacobs" request.
Walkers Bay
Silent But Deadly

Post by Walkers Bay »

I managed to get my hands on a box of these projectiles this morning.
Had a bit of a search last night and they seem to be sold out just about everywhere so when I found some at my local I didnt hesitate.
Now to find a load data that my gun will like.

Oh and you can guarantee these are for hunting with, cant wait to lob a few into a mob of deer under the spotlight and see how they respond when 1 hits the deck.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

One hit the gel at 1400 fps, the other about 1000.

The results might surprise you

viewtopic.php?f=141&t=107908&start=30
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

I have alerts on every web site I can find for when these come back in stock. I used a factory loaded one last night on a 90lb NC white tail doe. I was extremely impressed with the results. I will post up some pictures in the hunting forum. I was using the maker bullets. I will now be using these.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Don’t hold your breath waiting on this round. Hornady signed a contact with the military for subsonic ammo. May be awhile before we see these again.
DaedalusX
Silent Operator

Post by DaedalusX »

I really wasn't impressed with the 190 SubX on game this hunting season. I'm even considering going back to LeHigh 194s. Maybe it was a fluke or maybe they don't do as well sub 980 FPS as opposed to the LeHigh who are good down to 800FPS.