Hornady 150gr sst

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Re: Hornady 150gr sst

Post by wildfowler »

Well damit. I’m scared to look up for any corrections to my pet 308 165SST load. I dang sure don’t want to any changes.

Thanks for the update links.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Post by wildfowler »

Luckily for me, there were no 308 corrections. And I do appreciate you pointing us to this correction page.

I hope the original poster will let us know what he decided to do?
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

wildfowler wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:52 pm Well damit. I’m scared to look up for any corrections to my pet 308 165SST load. I dang sure don’t want to any changes.

why would you have to correct an already developed, tested, safe and working pet load?

#askingForAFriend
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Post by wildfowler »

plant.one wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:05 am
wildfowler wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:52 pm Well damit. I’m scared to look up for any corrections to my pet 308 165SST load. I dang sure don’t want to any changes.

why would you have to correct an already developed, tested, safe and working pet load?

#askingForAFriend
I wouldn’t.

My point in a jokingly manner was that I would rather not know if I now am actually exceeding a maximum charge due to a typo I just found out about.

Thanks for the link though because I honestly did not know that was available.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

glad to share the link, missed the humor part... without a :mrgreen: or a ;) thrown in there... it can be hard to tell :)
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
exexex

Post by exexex »

I did something similar forgetting to change seating die from previous bullet seating. But I caught it quickly because I always check the COL of first loaded case for accuracy and check every 20th or so after. As stated above, you live and learn, but only by being cautious when you think or know something is wrong. Pulling bullets is a pain, but not as bad as blowing something up or off.

The more I reload, the more extra steps I take and checking I do. Getting older and knowing I won't heal as quickly is a good motivator for safety.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

one trick i use when checking die settings besides of course measuring the first loaded round and random OAL or CBTO sampling during loading...

i load two dummy rounds. just brass and bullet - no primer, no powder. i use those the first to set my oal, and the 2nd to confirm it. if crimping i also use these to do any necessary adjustments to the crimp die (if needed).

those can be pulled later, pose no safety issues at all, and the brass only needs a quick touch thru the sizing die to correct the neck to be useable again.

HTH