180 Speer Hot-Cor and A1680

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

cgbills

180 Speer Hot-Cor and A1680

Post by cgbills »

I got a deal on some Speer Hot-Cor 180gr. I am wanting to work up some subsonic loads for my suppressed 8in SBR. Does anyone know of any Speer Hot-Cor 180gr loads with A1680? Like I said these will only be run suppressed out of my 8in barrel, so that should help with cycling and pressure. Has anyone worked up a subsonic load using these components?
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Re: 180 Speer Hot-Cor and A1680

Post by tallburnedmidget »

cgbills wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:26 pm I got a deal on some Speer Hot-Cor 180gr. I am wanting to work up some subsonic loads for my suppressed 8in SBR. Does anyone know of any Speer Hot-Cor 180gr loads with A1680? Like I said these will only be run suppressed out of my 8in barrel, so that should help with cycling and pressure. Has anyone worked up a subsonic load using these components?
I have not but I'm sure you can use the Western Powder load data as a guide and work down until it becomes subsonic:
https://www.accuratepowder.com/wp-conte ... eb-REV.pdf
KyleC
Silent Operator

Re: 180 Speer Hot-Cor and A1680

Post by KyleC »

I use 180gr soft points in subsonic loads. There's A LOT more people on this board with more experience and much more capable than I of answering your question.

The most responsible advice I am comfortable giving on 180gr and A1680 is that it's possible, use the search function on this board, start high and work down, check for stability before using a suppressor.