Sig cases, chromed steel

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Planetharris

Sig cases, chromed steel

Post by Planetharris »

So, was at academy today and grabbed a box of sig 120gr non lead. Since I like the Tac-tx so well, thought I'd try. Anywhoo, chrome metal cases, had I known... I don't really like shooting steel cases, but was wondering if anyone has reloaded them? I looked up sig and stuff on the search button, but didn't see it. Nor on the list of cases. Should I attempt to reload after shooting them, or toss them after, and not buy them again?
SJ 40

Re: Sig cases, chromed steel

Post by SJ 40 »

Planetharris wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:57 pm So, was at academy today and grabbed a box of sig 120gr non lead. Since I like the Tac-tx so well, thought I'd try. Anywhoo, chrome metal cases, had I known... I don't really like shooting steel cases, but was wondering if anyone has reloaded them? I looked up sig and stuff on the search button, but didn't see it. Nor on the list of cases. Should I attempt to reload after shooting them, or toss them after, and not buy them again?
Are you sure they are steel and not nickel plated brass instead.
Planetharris

Post by Planetharris »

You may be correct. I looked at them for a second, since I wasn't enthusiastic about them, put them in the drawer. I've always thought the chrome one's were steel, so would just not buy them. These I hadn't looked until after I bought them.
Planetharris

Post by Planetharris »

Just put a magnet to them, and nothing. So you are correct. Hmm, so learned something today. Thanks. So, I'll go research that I guess. I feel a little dumb now. Lol.
SJ 40

Post by SJ 40 »

Planetharris wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:05 pm Just put a magnet to them, and nothing. So you are correct. Hmm, so learned something today. Thanks. So, I'll go research that I guess. I feel a little dumb now. Lol.
Don't,we all had to learn to walk before we could run,.Life is a learning proposition,that or what are we all doing here.