300 BO Brass and die

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Super8mm

300 BO Brass and die

Post by Super8mm »

I have not been on in a long time but I am about ready to start loading for my 300 BO.

what are some good places to buy some brass?

I have all the dies from my AR10 so is the sizing die the only new die I need? :?:
eowen37

Re: 300 BO Brass and die

Post by eowen37 »

I have been buying alot of my brass from etsy.com. I have bought brass for 9mm, 40 s&w, 45 acp, both large & small primer, 5.56, & 300 blk. There is a fair amount of vendors on there. They offer it in different stages of processing also. If you don't see what you want email a vendor & ask. The 300 blk that I have gotten is not factory brass. I had one vendor that had used some ppu cases, approx. 1%. Those did not pass the chamber checker. His necks had a lot of burr left on them from cutting. The second vendor I bought from were nice with no rejects from oversized brass. His necks were debured nicely also.
Super8mm

Post by Super8mm »

eowen37 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:30 am I have been buying alot of my brass from etsy.com.
Thanks, I was not sure about etsy, I thought it was always a art type of place.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

Super8mm wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:44 am

I have all the dies from my AR10 so is the sizing die the only new die I need? :?:

sizing die sets are good for one (or sometimes at best 2) calibers. and you only get two calibers if you have something that the only difference between them is in the length of the brass - 38 special and 357 mag are a perfect example.

so no - your AR-10 dies (by which i'm guessing you mean .308 dies) will not be useful in any way for loading 300 blackout.

you'll need to order a set of 300 blackout specific dies.

i also recommend a good reloading manual... and pay special attention to the front section covering the reloading basics section :shock: :|

seriously though.. i hope you were pulling our leg about the ar-10 dies for 300 blackout use bit...
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Super8mm

Post by Super8mm »

plant.one wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:40 pm sizing die sets are good for one (or sometimes at best 2) calibers. and you only get two calibers if you have something that the only difference between them is in the length of the brass - 38 special and 357 mag are a perfect example.
so no - your AR-10 dies (by which i'm guessing you mean .308 dies) will not be useful in any way for loading 300 blackout.
you'll need to order a set of 300 blackout specific dies.
i also recommend a good reloading manual... and pay special attention to the front section covering the reloading basics section :shock: :|

seriously though.. i hope you were pulling our leg about the ar-10 dies for 300 blackout use bit...
I asked about the dies because the way Dillon list the 3 die set. The set of 3 is one price but there is a separate listing for sizing die alone.

Then I got to thinking that they both use the same bullet so maybe the seating and crimp die might be used on both?

I do have a Hornady, Lyman, and Ammo & Ballistics manuals