bullet creep forward on chambering in 300 BLK AR

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Bgd
Senior Silent Operator

Re: bullet creep forward on chambering in 300 BLK AR

Post by Bgd »

I loaded and checked 3 more rounds and they all move forward .0005 to .001 forward on chambering. I don't know if i can get any better than that. Is this something everyone sees or should i keep looking for a solution. I am using the speer coal of 2.180.

light crimp with the TC die makes no difference. I am not sure if I should go any heaver crimp than that.
NRA life member.
savage204

Post by savage204 »

I had the same problem with my first 300blk loads. I was using the speer 125s. I tried everything with a lot of good suggestions from the members here. I finally tried some other brand bullets and had good results.
popper
Silent But Deadly

Post by popper »

I US clean cases but don't worry about inside neck. My Lee expander is 005 also. I FCD just like cast, adjust till it just gives the feel of squishing lead, treat the GD BO bullet the same. Push and twist seated bullet, no movement, ok. Don't hard crimp the bo GD, crush the jacket. Cycling ar should net be a problem, only a nose jam causing deeper seating would be bad. Compressed load solves that problem. It's not like a carry rnd that gets rechambered many times.
Eroc223

Post by Eroc223 »

I use a Lee factory crimp die and give them a good medium crimp and I’ve never had any issues. Works mucho bueno!!!