Chronographs

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: Chronographs

Post by rebel »

Well, you do have to read the directions in order to make it work.... jeez, I swear the internet has made people.... nuf said.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

golfindia wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:08 pm I could have got you a labradar cheap a few months ago! A guy at my range had one, he hated it. He screwed with that thing for an hour every time he brought it. I tried to help him with it once, and he offered to sell it to me for half its cost. I set up my $80 pro chrono, fired my ladder and was done while he was still fiddling with menus and aiming through a McDonalds straw taped to it (?????) No thanks.
Great assessment of a fine product. Looks like you did your homework.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

rebel wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:14 pm
golfindia wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:08 pm I could have got you a labradar cheap a few months ago! A guy at my range had one, he hated it. He screwed with that thing for an hour every time he brought it. I tried to help him with it once, and he offered to sell it to me for half its cost. I set up my $80 pro chrono, fired my ladder and was done while he was still fiddling with menus and aiming through a McDonalds straw taped to it (?????) No thanks.
Great assessment of a fine product. Looks like you did your homework.
Guy asked for opinions and experiences. I had one. I conveyed it. You're a fan boy, and not the person who asked for experiences/opinions. So just ignore me and move on. Or delete my post.

Yes. I agree. The internet has made some people....
Bgd
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Bgd »

Thanks for all the great input. I have decided to buy one. A good chronograph will make load development much more fun.

Thanks!!
NRA life member.
Blowout
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blowout »

I just use a small tripod for bench shooting that's shown in the case below. I use a larger tripod if standing with pistol. Picked up a case for $20 at HF and used some left over foam to fit the LR unit and accessories.

Get an external power supply from eBay. I bought this one for $15 and it easily lasts all day: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fast-Charging- ... 2749.l2649
The LR comes with a cable to connect the power supply, so you don't need to buy anything but the USB power supply.

I put together a one page reference guide that stays in the case. Helps me when changing settings at the range and I don't want to dig through the manual. If you want a excel file or PDF, just PM me.

300Blk 8.0" pistol with 80% lower
Bgd
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Bgd »

cool, Thanks Blowout.
NRA life member.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

golfindia wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:30 pm Yes. I agree. The internet has made some people....
Nah, some people were always .... The internet just gives them wider exposure.
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

I suppose I could be a fan boy as well but I'd have to chock this example up to total user error. The aiming thing is a drawback but only if you're after good downrange velocities. You can get muzzle velocities while aiming it dang near blindfolded. I also use the straw trick but I just set it up on top of the unit when I'm setting it up and I have no issues capturing 6.5mm velocities out to 80-100yds most days.

I own all three major types of chronograph and they all have thier pros and cons. I personally believe the labradar pros outweigh all the others other than initial price.