Chronographs

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Bgd
Senior Silent Operator

Chronographs

Post by Bgd »

I am debating purchasing the labradar chronograph. I have the Magnetospeed V3, but I dont like how it changes the point of impact and having to attach it to the barrel is a pain.

Does anyone use the LabRadar and how do you like it? should I buy the bench base for it also? does it come with a base?

Thanks,
Eric
NRA life member.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: Chronographs

Post by rebel »

I use one. Really like it. It takes some trial and error and a bit of a learning curve, but once you get use to it, it really provides some good info.
Bases are available ( extra), but one could use a small camera tripod or some such on the cheap.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Have mine for a few years. It’s awesome. If you do allot of load development, you will appreciate it. Worth every penny.
NeverBlue

Post by NeverBlue »

Bgd wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:51 pm ...Magnetospeed V3, but I dont like how it changes the point of impact and having to attach it to the barrel is a pain...
If your handguard is compatible, you might be able to use Magnetospeeds Rail Adaptor.
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

I transitioned from the magnetospeed to a labradar about 6 months or so ago and have not regretted it in the slightest. Like rebel said, it definitely comes with a little bit of a learning curve and some trail and error but once you're over that hill it's easy as pie to setup and run. I set it up pretty much every time I shoot now.
Bgd
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Bgd »

Thanks for the input!! I think I will go for it.
They are expensive but having an expensive chronograph that I use would be better than having a less expensive one that I don't.
NRA life member.
texascavediver

Post by texascavediver »

I've had a Magnetospeed V3 for several years. I've always used the picatinny mount and extension rod from MK Machining without problems until earlier this year when I decided to shoot F-Class and took the muzzle brake off of my LR rifle. On my first trip to the range with the rifle without the brake to fine tune my load and re-zero the scope without the brake, the extra recoil in the rifle without the brake caused a bullet strike on the end of the V3 bayonet which ruined it. Instead of buying a new bayonnet, I bought a Labradar and haven't looked back.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

If you get the Labradar, get their app to use with a phone or tablet. Makes accessing information on the bench much easier.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

I could have got you a labradar cheap a few months ago! A guy at my range had one, he hated it. He screwed with that thing for an hour every time he brought it. I tried to help him with it once, and he offered to sell it to me for half its cost. I set up my $80 pro chrono, fired my ladder and was done while he was still fiddling with menus and aiming through a McDonalds straw taped to it (?????) No thanks.
Blowout
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blowout »

I had a Caldwell and finally got it to be reliable in readings after adding the LED light kit and wrapping a garbage bag over the skyscreens. Everytime the wind blew, the damn thing would be on the ground and I'd have to wait for the line to go cold to wset it up again.

Picked up a Labradar last Thanksgiving on sale at Brownells for $450 with the seasonal discounts. Definitely worth it for all the $$ I've invested in load development tools and components.

You can sell can your Magnetospeed to recoup some of the cost.
300Blk 8.0" pistol with 80% lower