New to Reloading 300 Blackout

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

flamatrix99

New to Reloading 300 Blackout

Post by flamatrix99 »

I have been reloading pistol calibers (9, 40, 45) as well as M1 Carbine and 223 on my Dillon 550b. I also have a Lee Single Stage press. I bought a set of RCSB SB AR Series dies for Blackout.

I am curious on the process that you more experienced guys use for 300 Blackout.

I put my Lee Universal Decapping die on my single stage press, the SB sizer die in Station 1 on the Dillon, powder is Station 2 and the RCBS Seater/Crimping die in Station 3 with Station 4 empty.

I was thinking I would decap dirty, put the cases in the tumbler and clean them up with empty primer pockets. Next lube them and run the through the Dillon. Size them (1), powder(2), bullet seat and crimp(3). Do you do sizing as a separate step so you can clean the lube off before loading? In that case I could not use the Lee Universal Decapping Die and put the Sizer die in the single stage press. I would depcap and size but the cases would be dirty for sizing which i have read and mess up your brass.

Any advice would be HIGHLY appreciated.
eowen37

Re: New to Reloading 300 Blackout

Post by eowen37 »

I decap & resize on single stage press w/ one die. I then polish to remove lube. Then check length & seperate any that need trimming. Then debur, chamfer, & clean primer holes. After I get a bunch of brass prepped then I move to the progressive press to prime, fill powder & seat. I then put each one into a Lyman Chamber Checker. I don't crimp my rifle loads, pistol gets a slight crimp.

This my process for 223 also.
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Re: New to Reloading 300 Blackout

Post by 20X11 »

Here are my steps...

1. Clean brass in wet Tumbler (without pins). Dry on towel with fan
2. Run through progressive press setup with RCBS Lube die at station 1 (also decaps), Sizer die at station 2
3. Check length and trim as necessary with RCBS trim pro setup with RCBS 3-way trimmer
4. SS pin tumble clean, dry on towel with fan
5. Prime with bench primer (RCBS tool)
6. Run through progressive -Powder drop at station 2, Powder check at station 3, Seat at station 4, Lee Factory crimp die at station 5

I do this for all MSR rifle rounds.