Starting something new

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

SCABS

Starting something new

Post by SCABS »

I'm going to try and do this again now that I have purchased a tablet and won't be using my phone to type or read these posts. The last 2 times I tried this my post dissapeared so maybe 3 times will be the charm.
I've recently built a 300 b/o 10.5 Noveske, SLR adj gas block, pistol gas gas, wmd nickel boron bolt, aero matched upper and lower, and SBA3 pistol brace. I have been very satisfied with its performance and will be a lot happier when my Omega is released. While I am waiting on the release of my can I need to use this time to start working up some loads both super and especially subs. I have never loaded 300 before and am trying to get as much information on bullets, powders, and load data as I can. I have already taken 400 once fired lake city ( ( from a no name law enforcement agency ) and cut resized and trimmed them 1.363. I am not looking to load just plinking ammo but like most reloaders I a trying to not break the bank while at the same time build better ammo than I can get off the shelf. I've had some enjoyment with my 556 builds and all of the different reloading it offers but I realize the 300 is a bit more expensive and I am sure I would benefit from some tried and tested results that can be found here. Look forward to hearing from you and thanks.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: Starting something new

Post by plant.one »

pickup a copy of hornady's 10th...

the hornady books have probably the largest published and professionally pressure tested dataset available for our caliber.

nosler has decent data for their stuff too, which is also available online

https://load-data.nosler.com/load-data/ ... -blackout/

hth
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.