Quick load for Lil Gun and 220 grain

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

thorn653

Quick load for Lil Gun and 220 grain

Post by thorn653 »

If someone out there has access to quick load, could you figure out a load for me?
I'm using a 12.5" pistol gas 300 blk barrel.
I have 220 grain plated bullets and will be using lil gun to load.
I'd like to get right around 980 fps if possible.
Any help would be great!
Thanks!
NeverBlue

Re: Quick load for Lil Gun and 220 grain

Post by NeverBlue »

I've never used Quick Load myself but from what I've heard it is not designed for subsonic MV. There's probably a lot of data available for 220s out there though.

Hopefully someone will chime in and enlighten us, cause I'd like to here that it is Good-to-Go for subs.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

which 220gr plated are you using?

if you can give us some specifics, i'm sure folks can help you get on the right track to getting what you need.

that said...

if you're gonna develop sub loads the proper way to do it is with a chronograph. guessing or playing "what load hit X speed in your barrel" isnt the ticket. you start with a safe load thats just going super and then work down until you hit your target velocity.
a stuck bullet isnt something to risk. do it right the first time.

you will also probably find that unless you're going to be shooting suppressed 100% of the time, lilgun isnt nearly the ideal powder to cycle an ar subsonic.

PS - just as an example how much one barrels data can vary in another....

i have two 300blk guns - a 16" carbine gas rifle and a 9" pistol gas barrel. i had to slow down my sub load i had originally developed for the rifle because it was 40-70 fps faster in the shorter barrel. yes i typed that right. the same load was SLOWER in a 16" barrel than a 9" barrel.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
thorn653

Post by thorn653 »

That's really odd that your sub load was slower in the longer barrel.
I have 8.9 gr lil gun out of the 9" barrel running at 1018 fps and 1064 fps out of the 12.5", so I'll probably just chronograph some and start with 8.7 gr and work down.
I just hate trying to pull the plated bullets because they're soft enough to get ruined by the cam puller.
I should probably just get an impact bullet puller...
Thanks for the replies!