Sometimes, Load Data is Wrong!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

markr6754
Silent Operator

Re: Sometimes, Load Data is Wrong!

Post by markr6754 »

dellet - my first tests were using A1680. I’d be happy to continue testing with that powder. I should have stayed with it in the first place.

I should be able to pull the bird cage off the 8.5” pistol. I also picked up some Sellier & Bellot 200gr subs to use while I’m still developing my own SAFE loads.

By the way...Daniel Defense uses the Lapua Scenar L in their premium ammo. It’d be great to know what powder they’re using.

http://300blkammunition.com/2016/03/dan ... mmunition/
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: Sometimes, Load Data is Wrong!

Post by dellet »

markr6754 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:33 am dellet - my first tests were using A1680. I’d be happy to continue testing with that powder. I should have stayed with it in the first place.

I should be able to pull the bird cage off the 8.5” pistol. I also picked up some Sellier & Bellot 200gr subs to use while I’m still developing my own SAFE loads.

By the way...Daniel Defense uses the Lapua Scenar L in their premium ammo. It’d be great to know what powder they’re using.

http://300blkammunition.com/2016/03/dan ... mmunition/
The thought behind using 1680, is you should need a bit less for the same velocity, and hopefully that will keep from compressing it. The old Accurate powder and none of the Sierra data shows if the loads are compressed, it’s up to you to figure that out. Just trying to find a way to make sure the bullet isn’t being damaged in assembly.

This is where I do off the wall stuff like, size the case then expand the neck so you can seat the bullet by hand or just the weight of the press handle on its own. Then maybe a light crimp. Insert the round in the chamber by hand, ride the bolt down and close it with the forward assist. Eliminate anything that might cause damage or the bullet to shift in the neck.

Or just shoot it in a bolt action or single shot :P

DD, might be using a different seating stem and or a different powder, It will be interesting to see what you finally find.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.