8.5 inch pistol Failure To Eject

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

cdl
Senior Silent Operator

Re: 8.5 inch pistol Failure To Eject

Post by cdl »

dellet wrote:How will a hotter load solve the problem?
Because it's easy, fast, cheap and the answer reveals a lot about the gun, the shooter and the hand loader without being insulting.

Also, at a minimum, the 80% case capacity with H-!!0 is a flag for inconsistent ignition. It's good to get that out of the way.

For all we know the ejection port door spring is installed backwards and it's locking back on the mag follower. No offense to Haribol, because I've mistaken the latter and like to joke about the former.

You pretty much just need to pull the charging handle on a round and see if it'll eject to get a feel for a broken ejector or extractor. The AR system is very robust, but we need to ask that question too. Haibol said they looked normal. But now we know a lot more about the players.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Take a case and slip it under the extractor then push the case to load the ejector. Then release the case and see if it flies off the bolt face and doesn't just fall off. This is to check the ejector and ejector spring. If it flies off the bolt face then it is likely the extractor spring or the extractor itself.

Have you disassembled the bolt?

I would disassemble it and inspect the extractor spring. It should have a rubber o-ring.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
QuietMike
Silent But Deadly

Post by QuietMike »

Mine did the same thing when I first built it. The o-ring fixed it.