Lapua 220gr HPBT Bullet

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

markr6754
Silent Operator

Lapua 220gr HPBT Bullet

Post by markr6754 »

Has anyone loaded this bullet? I just received an order of these bullets and I am amazed at the quality of these rounds....which were the cheapest .308 bullets I could find. Delivered price is $0.28 each, including freight and NRA Round Up Contribution. I'm beginning to regret not ordering more.

Just for kicks I decided to weigh a few samples. Previous handgun bullets showed deviations from the stated weight, although all remained within SAAMI specs.

These bullets...222.0 gr. I weighed 5 random bullets, and everyone settled in on my digital scale to 220.0 gr. How is that even possible?

Anyway, kudos to Lapua for making this round, and Graf & Sons for shipping so quickly. I hope I get the other components I need for Christmas.
Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly

Re: Lapua 220gr HPBT Bullet

Post by Sharkbite »

Saw your post on TFL. Glad to see you here. This site has all the expertise you will ever need on the 300blk.
markr6754
Silent Operator

Post by markr6754 »

Sharkbite, thanks for the encouragement. Every time I check this site I find something new. Great source of info for a newbie!
On a sad note, I got nothing extra for Christmas that I didn’t wrap myself. I picked up some more sub ammo, a lb of A1680, lb of CFE BLK, and a box of CCI small rifle primers. All I asked for from Santa was a Hornady case trimmer. Nothing!
Well, MidSouth Shooters got a post Christmas order today, case trimmer, comparator, headspace gauge, modified case, and a laser bore guide to help me sight in my Red Dot. I’m planning to do some shooting to build up my empty brass stock...and I’ve got 66 recovered .223 cases sized down and waiting for cutting and trimming. I’m hoping to move this project along before Spring arrives.
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Post by 20X11 »

markr6754 wrote: These bullets...222.0 gr. I weighed 5 random bullets, and everyone settled in on my digital scale to 220.0 gr. How is that even possible?
Lapua takes quality control seriously. They are one of the most respected companies in the ammo and component business for that very reason.