Who's making the best coated sub weight boolits these days? Plinking use only.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Re: Who's making the best coated sub weight boolits these days? Plinking use only.

Post by DoubleJ »

I looked at the leatherheads, they're heavier and have more bearing surface, for about the same price, figured I'd give them a try next.

As for seating out further, I can try that, I've got some room. I'd have to double check, but I think I'm just under 2" COAL.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
Spike

Re: Who's making the best coated sub weight boolits these days? Plinking use only.

Post by Spike »

hardcase wrote:As another option, there is a guy here from time-to-time that sells 220 gr Leatherhead bullets. They work well for me for plinking. They now come sized to .310. I resized some to .309 but could not tell any difference and felt more comfortable at .310. Unless you use some of the brass on the Bad Brass list, you should be fine. I have my chronograph set up and load to 1,000 fps. I use Reloder 7 and sometimes LittleGun just because I had to buy 8 lbs during the great powder shortage a few years back.
Leatherhead guy just posted a free shipping deal.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

Bought.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
dohalysh425

Post by dohalysh425 »

Rainier is making a 180gr copper plated HP and RN. MidwayUSA is the only retailer. I have the HP's and they work well so far for me in a AR at subsonic velocities. They are cheap too.

The HP is not been showing the best promise for expansion, but if your just plinking, I'd get the RN.