Nosler 220gr BT?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Maddogwalker

Nosler 220gr BT?

Post by Maddogwalker »

Anybody loaded the Nosler 30. cal 220gr ballistic tip?

I'm looking for a projectile that can be loaded subsonic but expands. Thinking this could be it. Before I order some(assuming the come back in stock), I'd like to see what you all think? Anybody had any luck with them?
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: Nosler 220gr BT?

Post by rebel »

Maddogwalker wrote:Anybody loaded the Nosler 30. cal 220gr ballistic tip?

I'm looking for a projectile that can be loaded subsonic but expands. Thinking this could be it. Before I order some(assuming the come back in stock), I'd like to see what you all think? Anybody had any luck with them?
I wouldn't spend the money.
https://www.nosler.com/ballistic-tip-bullet/
1800 fps minimum performance is a long way from subsonic. Try LeHigh or Maker, they are designed to do what you want.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
JurassicJarhead

Post by JurassicJarhead »

Nosler has a 220gr Round Nose Ballistic Tip that is supposed to expand at subsonic speeds. Nosler Product # 30181 (IIRC). But availability is a problem.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

The reason it isn't available, and never really was, is because it doesn't .
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

This does. Reliably.
Exit out of a pumpkin, caught in wet pack. Penetrated 4 phonebooks before stopping. 194 Lehigh ME at 1000 fps at the muzzle, pumpkin at 25 yards.
There was one fellow here that posted good results with those Nosler 220s, he had 17 total posts. Never said how far his ballistic gel was from the muzzle, did say the MV was "about" 1015. Another experienced member tried with less than stellar results.
workky

Post by workky »

Yes i have reloaded about 1.5k of these. They work great for what we use them for, which is shooting deer. They do expand and they do bring them down where they stand
TKO
Silent Operator

Post by TKO »

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

workky wrote:

Yes i have reloaded about 1.5k of these. They work great for what we use them for, which is shooting deer. They do expand and they do bring them down where they stand
Got any recovered bullets you can photo worrky? This product has had some questions around it and you have real world results. Would love to see some photos and that ,in itself, is causing some question. Is this a repackaged glow tip that Nosler came out with a while back or an improved product? Downed deer could just mean you're a great shot and an experienced hunter ( which you are obviously ).