What is it worth?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

What is it worth?

Post by nolwark76 »

Just checking to see who uses 125 smk. I've got 600 of them and I've put them up in the classified but not even a claim of too high a price. That leads me to believe no one is really using them right now.

So are the 125 tmk the go to or the 125 tnt?

I've got 90 rounds in factory boxes and 600 Sierra 125 smk. So, what are they worth?
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: What is it worth?

Post by rebel »

From what I can see, you have a decent price on your stuff. Maybe edit to show price of bullets alone and price of ammo alone? The 125 SMK is probably the most accurate 125 weight class bullet I have ever shot in a Blackout. Maybe some of our newer members aren't familiar with it.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

I'll try again. I did have them separated. No bites in 3 wks. I'm not going any lower as I'm already taking a loss just to move them. They're worth keeping but I don't have a 16" upper anymore. Just a 9" and a 12.5" factory AAC MPW in jail; won't be out until the end of the year probably. Just don't need "match" bullets for a 12.5" upper.

However, now you've got me thinking...my head hurts. What barrel length do you have and what kind of groups are you getting from the 125 smk? Might save them for the 12.5" as I'll be putting a new Vortex Viper PST 1-6 on it. They'll be available by the time the rifle is out of jail.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

16" is sub moa at 100 yards with w296. Never tried them in my 9inch but I'm sure they would shoot.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

It could be we are just in a soft market. I know I stocked up on everything gun related before the election. Example, I have over 10,000 primers of varying sizes. I have never had as many primers as I do now.

You might be better off to pull them for sale and wait until next year.
tfbit
Silent But Deadly

Post by tfbit »

I can buy the 125 SMKs for $150 per 500 locally here in Springfield Oregon so to me they're worth $0.26 per piece, 'cause I hate paying retail, always need a discount and that's if I'm in a buying mood. Lately, if you want to move it, you need to discount it... Killary losing had consequences. ;)
No matter what you read on the intarweb CCI450s and CCI41s ARE NOT BALLISTICALLY IDENTICAL with H110! I'm also not a intarweb lawyer so I don't argue with anyone who is.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

nolwark76 wrote:Just don't need "match" bullets for a 12.5" upper.
No reason the 12.5" won't shoot as well as the 16". If it were me, I'd load 'em up and shoot 'em rather than sell at a loss and buy something else.

Unless you want to trade me for some resized .311 Hornady purple tips that don't shoot worth a crap. :lol: