Subsonic bullet recommendation

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Re: Subsonic bullet recommendation

Post by Guest762 »

But as soon as you start shooting subs your going to want a can if you don't already have one and then you have (for all intents and purposes ) a 26 +- barrel gun,which imo SUCK! I have one that I never shoot. Yes these are just my opinions and I get disagreed with all the time but just run down to the store and pick up a few pounds of N120. Maybe you will have better luck than me but I've killed 3 unicorns and still haven't seen a pound of n120 on a shelf.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

rebel wrote:My Oly carbine was my first Blackout, the cartridge wasn't even that well known when I got it. No one was saying pistol gas only, we were all just figuring out what the hell we had got ourselves into. I loaded subs to cycle in it with several powders before owning a pistol gassed SBR. dellets powder choice is spot on.
So which gun do you shoot the most now? :lol:
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Guest762 wrote:But as soon as you start shooting subs your going to want a can if you don't already have one and then you have (for all intents and purposes ) a 26 +- barrel gun,which imo SUCK! I have one that I never shoot. Yes these are just my opinions and I get disagreed with all the time but just run down to the store and pick up a few pounds of N120. Maybe you will have better luck than me but I've killed 3 unicorns and still haven't seen a pound of n120 on a shelf.
So, the Op has a 16" carbine setup and a can, he wants to shoot in his backyard range. He asks for advice on a cheap bullet that he can have a good chance of success with while learning to reload while keeping expense to a minimum.

Expert "a" says:

Here's a bullet and powder combination that will work very easily with what you have and will be neighbor friendly. Gives a good bullet option to get started with and a couple of powder options.

Expert "b" says

Sell what you have at a loss and buy something different, because it takes a little thinking to make a carbine system run, and gets pissy when someone gives another opinion.

gotta love the internet :lol:

Oh, and the local stores I deal with will order anything I want and add it to their next stock order if I don't want to pay hazmat and shipping. Last special order of a one pounder took about 10 days to get and was $23 in my hand when internet price $23.50 plus shipping.

Just offering a different opinion
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Guest762 wrote:
rebel wrote:My Oly carbine was my first Blackout, the cartridge wasn't even that well known when I got it. No one was saying pistol gas only, we were all just figuring out what the hell we had got ourselves into. I loaded subs to cycle in it with several powders before owning a pistol gassed SBR. dellets powder choice is spot on.
So which gun do you shoot the most now? :lol:
Of my blackouts I shoot the carbine a lot because it's what I hunt with. But all my Blackouts get shot through out the year to be quite honest. 1680 is loud,even suppressed but will cycle it subsonic.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

I am about a month away from offering the heaviest cast bullet designed specifically for the 300 Blackout. It will be 270+ grains, Hi-Tek coated and function in an AR. Keep an eye out because as soon as they become available I will be posting details in the new product announcement section.

If you want quiet you really need a single shot because ARs are loud if they are cycling. I loaded up some of the 270+ yesterday with 5 grains of Trail Boss. It is a compressed load but it works perfectly in single shots and it is stupid quiet. I bet I have shot 50K rounds through silencers and the single shot loads ALWAYS make me giggle like a little school girl. And as an added bonus you will use less powder with my bullet and less powder means less gas and less gas means you gun will be quieter.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

dellet wrote:
Guest762 wrote:But as soon as you start shooting subs your going to want a can if you don't already have one and then you have (for all intents and purposes ) a 26 +- barrel gun,which imo SUCK! I have one that I never shoot. Yes these are just my opinions and I get disagreed with all the time but just run down to the store and pick up a few pounds of N120. Maybe you will have better luck than me but I've killed 3 unicorns and still haven't seen a pound of n120 on a shelf.
So, the Op has a 16" carbine setup and a can, he wants to shoot in his backyard range. He asks for advice on a cheap bullet that he can have a good chance of success with while learning to reload while keeping expense to a minimum.

Expert "a" says:

Here's a bullet and powder combination that will work very easily with what you have and will be neighbor friendly. Gives a good bullet option to get started with and a couple of powder options.

Expert "b" says

Sell what you have at a loss and buy something different, because it takes a little thinking to make a carbine system run, and gets pissy when someone gives another opinion.

gotta love the internet :lol:

Oh, and the local stores I deal with will order anything I want and add it to their next stock order if I don't want to pay hazmat and shipping. Last special order of a one pounder took about 10 days to get and was $23 in my hand when internet price $23.50 plus shipping.

Just offering a different opinion
First off who said sell at a loss?
Second consider yourself lucky because my lgs can't even order any n120 so for some of us the clean running,quiet powder is not a option without paying a hazmat fee.
Third I really like how you think someone is getting pissy just because they have a different opinion than YOURS. I'm simply stating FACTS of my locale. Just because you are a proponent of carbine gas doesn't mean everyone has to be. I have a 16"carbine and compared to my pistol it's not near as fun. Yes I shoot for fun,I've already got two jobs and don't want another.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

:shock:
Sensitive
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

rebel wrote::shock:
Sensitive
No but I'm not going to be told I'm being pissy just for stating my opinion.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Guest762 wrote:
rebel wrote::shock:
Sensitive
No but I'm not going to be told I'm being pissy just for stating my opinion.
Notice I did not argue your opinion, only how you stated it, and yes in my opinion, since instead of answering the the OP's question or really even reading his post that clearly stated he already had a can and was using it, your comments were pissy.

Why not help the OP out, instead of telling him his set up sucks? You clearly have the knowledge and experience. People might even appreciate it a little more if you delivered it in a way that didn't make you come across as either negative.

Just a thought
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

Notice I did not argue your opinion, only how you stated it, and yes in my opinion, since instead of answering the the OP's question or really even reading his post that clearly stated he already had a can and was using it, your comments were pissy.

Why not help the OP out, instead of telling him his set up sucks? You clearly have the knowledge and experience. People might even appreciate it a little more if you delivered it in a way that didn't make you come across as either negative.

Just a thought[/quote]
I do see your point and I forget that opinions nowadays need to be sweetened with lollipops and gumdrops. I'm used to calling a spade a spade.

I apologize to the op. You absolutely can make your setup work and be more than happy with it. Deliet definitely knows more about reloading than I do. My opinions are solely based on my experiences and I've taken my lumps and moved on more than once and I'm sure it wasn't the last.