Nice Brass Score

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Re: Nice Brass Score

Post by ncorry »

Dr.Phil wrote: There are those that have and those that have yet to.

Truth. The real line of demarcation is between the group that only shoots one chrony and the group that shoots multiples.

I really don't want to fall into the second group. In my book, the little wire rods don't count. Neither does non-direct hits with a potato. (My chrony may have clocked multiple potatoes at 250-260 fps).
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

illdill wrote:
golfindia wrote:I just assumed that everyone has shot their chronograph at least once.

Mine got broke in with a 45 hollow point. Gotta pay attention with pistols!
Ouch, that chrony tangled with some serious lead.
Competition Electronics is a great company. Fantastic repair/replacement policy, when the need arises!

Lesson: don't forget to always put loctite on the little bolt that holds your glock front sight on......
AnotherMadHatter
Silent Operator

Post by AnotherMadHatter »

Yup. Unfortunately, I put a 150gr FMJ through the rear half of my Beta Master when working up a load last summer. But hey, now I have spare parts.
1slow01Z71
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

The magnetospeed really is worth the money. So much easier than setting up an old school chrono.
Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone
illdill
Silent But Deadly

Post by illdill »

This is the brass I scored, probably 200 rounds that are in the tumbler now.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson
That time is fast approaching.
AxleSlider
Silent Operator

Post by AxleSlider »

blasted my Pro-Chrono to plastic smithereens over the weekend. Was so happy I finally found a reliable sub-load, wasn't thinking and did a mag-dump through the chrono, and boom! Result of 220 SMK at 1045fps - entered top right.

flgunner

Post by flgunner »

ThreeHundredTraveler - I've done both, if you let me count a wire strike.

But I figured out the solution - I put my Chrony on eBay yesterday.
lafoster

Post by lafoster »

I really don't want to fall into the second group. In my book, the little wire rods don't count. Neither does non-direct hits with a potato. (My chrony may have clocked multiple potatoes at 250-260 fps).

This is great! I might have to try chronying my spuds also. I've found that dollar store aqua-net makes a pretty hot load!
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

lafoster wrote:

This is great! I might have to try chronying my spuds also. I've found that dollar store aqua-net makes a pretty hot load!

i smirk any time i see a guy in a store with a can of aqua net in their cart. potato guns keep aqua net in business and on shelves of retail stores. I sure cant say i've met anyone who actually uses it as hair spray since the days of the Peggy Bundy sized haircuts :lol:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
afshirt
Silent But Deadly

Post by afshirt »

So a few clicks up?
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA pistol, rifle, shotgun, Refuse to be a Victim
NRA Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home
Full time instructor with Florida Firearms Training