Blowing primers/rounds lodged in chamber Any suggestions?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

dead-bird
Silent But Deadly

Re: Blowing primers/rounds lodged in chamber Any suggestion

Post by dead-bird »

10ring1 wrote:Is the general conensus to turn necks down or discard the case completely?
I've turned a few but no more.

Life is too short to turn necks for the Blackout.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

10ring1 wrote:
golfindia wrote:12.1g and 15g of W296....

How did the rest of the charge weights in your workup ladders for each shoot?

These were just a few lower charges I selected with different bullets randomly to try for a perspective.
Randomly selected charge weights? Is this a joke, or are you serious?
10ring1
Silent But Deadly

Post by 10ring1 »

InMyHumbleOpinion wrote:
10ring1 wrote:
InMyHumbleOpinion wrote:Neck thickness seems to be a starting point: neck thickness = .013, bullet diameter = .308. Total of .013+.013+.308=.334. SAAM1 says .332-.020, your necks are too thick making your bullet neck over spec in diameter once it it loaded. Also, see posts on removing stuck rounds by mortering (sp), never tried it but looks promising.
I honestly have never heard of mortering. I will have to search. Thanks again
Mortering goes something like, collapse the stock all the way, hold gun pointed up, put pressure on charging handle, slam stock on ground while pulling charging handle (not too hard or you will damage the stock). I never tried this method (don't know if I would) but I have heard of it.

Found a vid on youtube. I will def. try it next time.
10ring1
Silent But Deadly

Post by 10ring1 »

golfindia wrote:
10ring1 wrote:
golfindia wrote:12.1g and 15g of W296....

How did the rest of the charge weights in your workup ladders for each shoot?

These were just a few lower charges I selected with different bullets randomly to try for a perspective.
Randomly selected charge weights? Is this a joke, or are you serious?
No, I am not just pulling numbers out of a hat. I selected a charge in the middle of the published data and I selected some bullets I had on hand. I chose 2 varying bullets 190 hornady and 150 FMJ to get a perspective of what bullet wt the barrel may like with a particular powder, in this case Win 296. But thanks for your concern.
10ring1
Silent But Deadly

Post by 10ring1 »

Currently waiting for Sheridan gauge.(nice people and fast shipping). I will start checking my ammo when it gets here and post an update. Thanks for all ur help
10ring1
Silent But Deadly

Post by 10ring1 »

Got my guage today. Tested about 500 loaded rounds and about 100 would not guage. I seperated them (the 100 that would not seat) into 3 groups. One group is def. out. Mid group just barely does not seat and the third group I had to give a little persuasion into the guage. I plan to shoot the third group. If they do well, I will seperate the 2nd group and measure them. Some of them may be good. The quality of the guage is excellent!