203gr subsonic shipped for 55c

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ncgoober

203gr subsonic shipped for 55c

Post by ncgoober »

Anybody have opinions about this offering?

AAC 300BLK HITEK COVER LEAD subsonic ammunition
960FPS avg 9" barrel

https://squareup.com/store/ead-enterprises-inc/
ncgoober

Re: 203gr subsonic shipped for 55c

Post by ncgoober »

Really, no opinions?
Any reason why I shouldn't try it?

Is there other subsonic ammo available at 55c/round delivered?
The lowest I've ever seen is approx 80c
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

Chirp chirp!

I guess you get first crack at it. I'm interested to see how you like it as it is a good $$
VinnAY
Silent But Deadly

Post by VinnAY »

That 203gr "CBL" whatever looks identical to Palmetto Projectiles and if that's the case I'd stay far away from doing business with them. I'm not saying the product is bad, the company...recent experience was terrible, I made a thread about it in the handloading section. Merely pointing out the product looks identical.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

ncgoober wrote:Anybody have opinions about this offering?
Yeah, I have an opinion. That's one of the crappiest storefronts I've seen since the mid 90's. :lol:
That and the lack of description doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. To me, I don't see a lot of difference between this and buying a zip-lock full of handloads from BillyBob at the gun show. But then I place more value on my face (such as it is) and fingers than saving a few bucks on ammo.

If it were me and I felt I just had to have them, I'd at least call some time during the 16 business hours during the week and chat a bit.
geslayton

Post by geslayton »

I put some in my "cart" and then looked around a little and I was scared to put in my credit card info., that is a really poorly designed site and I was scared it was just a scam to steal my info.
jimmyheadgear
Silent But Deadly

Post by jimmyheadgear »

VinnAY wrote:That 203gr "CBL" whatever looks identical to Palmetto Projectiles and if that's the case I'd stay far away from doing business with them. I'm not saying the product is bad, the company...recent experience was terrible, I made a thread about it in the handloading section. Merely pointing out the product looks identical.
Link please. My search-fu isn't working.
Alphawolf082
Silent But Deadly

Post by Alphawolf082 »

jimmyheadgear wrote:
VinnAY wrote:That 203gr "CBL" whatever looks identical to Palmetto Projectiles and if that's the case I'd stay far away from doing business with them. I'm not saying the product is bad, the company...recent experience was terrible, I made a thread about it in the handloading section. Merely pointing out the product looks identical.
viewtopic.php?f=141&t=98783

I'd say that post isnt really relevant. At any rate, I ordered 1k 203 gr pills from them a while back and my 8.2" Noveske seems to like them (my hand loads, of course, so that's not very relevant either). Shipping was slow, but whatever...
VinnAY
Silent But Deadly

Post by VinnAY »

Alphawolf082 wrote:
jimmyheadgear wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=141&t=98783

I'd say that post isnt really relevant. At any rate, I ordered 1k 203 gr pills from them a while back and my 8.2" Noveske seems to like them (my hand loads, of course, so that's not very relevant either). Shipping was slow, but whatever...
no no, it is relevant when the product appears identical in every way...who are you doing business with? Takes you money and you get product in a month and they totally ignore comms...you have a surprising standard of service. The product has always been great, the service was total shit.
Alphawolf082
Silent But Deadly

Post by Alphawolf082 »

VinnAY wrote:
no no, it is relevant when the product appears identical in every way...who are you doing business with? Takes you money and you get product in a month and they totally ignore comms...you have a surprising standard of service. The product has always been great, the service was total shit.

Perhaps I misunderstood the OP. Is the loaded ammo in question sold directly by Palmetto Projectiles? If so then I agree; if not, then your experience (and to a lesser extent my own) would apply to whomever is making these loaded rounds.