FOG Firearms Accuracy Testing

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

OnyxATX

FOG Firearms Accuracy Testing

Post by OnyxATX »

Hello everyone,

A while back I did a review on Fog Firearms subsonic 220s, and recently spent some more time and put it up against four of the higher end commercial ammo brands out there for some accuracy testing.

The video on that is below!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW5bxUuW8Ek

I'm still pretty happy with this ammo!
Last edited by OnyxATX on Tue May 26, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
bmbutch

Re: FOG Firearms Accuracy Testing

Post by bmbutch »

I'm very impressed with their ammo, accuracy is exceptional, and I'm having no issues with BHO, Feeding, Extraction, etc..
Using Lancer Warfighter Mags in 8.5" CMMG Barrel w/ T2 Heavy Buffer (pistol length gas).

Through Octane HD II can, my chronograph ($100 on Amazon, so not high end):
1010 ~ 1065 fps, Average of 1039
OnyxATX

Post by OnyxATX »

My apologies everyone! I linked the first video by mistake instead of the new video. I edited for the correct link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW5bxUuW8Ek
Cajun Executioner
Silent Operator

Post by Cajun Executioner »

The Harvester Ammo is the most accurate in this test video. Horizontal stringing= shooter error or wind. But the ammo is still impressive.
FogFirearms
Senior Silent Operator

Post by FogFirearms »

Right now all ammunition, including the 300 Blackout, is 17.76% of when using the discount code JULY4 at the checkout on FogAmmo.com!
Fog Admin
www.fogammo.com
jackson
Silent Operator

Post by jackson »

just spoke with fog, rep.seems this ammo works best on pistol gas system only or bolt action.im running a smith&wesson 300blk upper 16''and they are not sure it will cycle if when suppressed.what subsonic ammo are you guys running on 16'' carbine gas.
Antinimby
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Antinimby »

Jackson, there are so many different setups for 300 BLK, we are not sure if it will work in your carbine gas system. Typically 16" carbines shoot supersonic rounds unless they are designed for subs. As we stated give them a try and and PM me and we will help you work through any issues with your firearm and assist you with changes if necessary. We have 3 gunsmiths on staff that are good with 300 BLK. Customer service is our number one concern.

Good Shooting,
John
v188
Silent Operator

Post by v188 »

FOG would you, or anyone, expand on the differences between your 220 and the 208 Amax. Especially thru a 10.5 inch suppressed upper. I also have a suppressed 16" Savage bolt gun, but really don't use it much. I've got a bunch of your 220 and like it, but am 208 curious.

Pros/cons, esp with the price difference.

Thanks
Antinimby
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Antinimby »

We make both subs because we have buyers for both, as you know all firearms don't necessarily enjoy the same diet therefore we offer an option. For me shooting paper, I like the Sierra 220, it's a little more expensive but I seem to get better accuracy from it than the 208. Now as for the 208 A-max it is also designed for accuracy not necessarily a hunting bullet definitely at subsonic velocities but I personally prefer it over the sierra for hunting, you don't get the uniform expansion you would expect in a hunting bullet but it does do the trick. The Sierra will also do the trick but I have seen them act like a solid in performance even with the hollow point design. I have dug them out and some look like they haven't been fired (look perfect) and others have a 60 degree bend in them, there is nothing consistent on expansion and they will ricochet if the shot placement isn't good. So full circle: Shoot paper with the Sierras and hunt with the Hornady, even though Hornady says the A-Max is not a hunting round you would be surprised at the amount of 308 168 Grain A-Max I load for swat groups, I realize different velocities but massive expansion. Both great bullets, I'm just glad we have options. As far as your suppressor I don't expect much difference in accuracy or decibels. Shoot them both and see what you and your gun like. Thanks for the input.

Good Shooting,
John
Antinimby
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Antinimby »

We make both subs because we have buyers for both, as you know all firearms don't necessarily enjoy the same diet therefore we offer an option. For me shooting paper, I like the Sierra 220, it's a little more expensive but I seem to get better accuracy from it than the 208. Now as for the 208 A-max it is also designed for accuracy not necessarily a hunting bullet definitely at subsonic velocities but I personally prefer it over the sierra for hunting, you don't get the uniform expansion you would expect in a hunting bullet but it does do the trick. The Sierra will also do the trick but I have seen them act like a solid in performance even with the hollow point design. I have dug them out and some look like they haven't been fired (look perfect) and others have a 60 degree bend in them, there is nothing consistent on expansion and they will ricochet if the shot placement isn't good. So full circle: Shoot paper with the Sierras and hunt with the Hornady, even though Hornady says the A-Max is not a hunting round you would be surprised at the amount of 308 168 Grain A-Max I load for swat groups, I realize different velocities but massive expansion. Both great bullets, I'm just glad we have options. As far as your suppressor I don't expect much difference in accuracy or decibels. Shoot them both and see what you and your gun like. Thanks for the input.

Good Shooting,
John